Ibiza MK3 CD player

AlexIbiza

Hey all, I know this is probably a commonly asked question and ive read the other thread, but ive still got no idea how to install a cd player

Ive got a Mk3 Ibiza 1.4 cool/s 2000reg...

Basically ive got a huge screen in the middle of my dash showing time etc, and ive also got aircon etc all built into the same facia I think....

I want to know whether its possible to remove this and install an aftermarket CD player and head unit.I also wondered whether the more high spec models eg Cupra came with CD players, In which case would I be able to get a facia from one of those and do a simple switcheroo,

any help would be great..

cheers guys

Alex

Dec 31, 2005
London
I believe all mk3's came with tape players as standard, if yours has buttons 1-6 you should be able to fit a cd changer in the boot which most cupras have. As for aftermarket cd players use the search button, its been covered loads of times :)

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
Hi there,

Its not just as simple as swapping a facia. Behind the facia there is one unit which controls the aircon/tape.

There is a mod you can do which involves some circuit board cutting and some soldering which will enable you to install an aftermarket head unit in the place where the tape player was located.

Send a PM to hooch i beleive he has more info on this as he's done a few conversions :D

MKStu

Also check to see if you have the cable pre-fitted in the boot. Pull up the carpet and look on the rear passenger wheel arch :)

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
look in my sig at my amp and sub install. there are a few pictures showing whats behind the facia.... the cable in the back of your car for the cd changer should be on the left hand side where there is a small 'CROSS' cut out. feel around there and it shoudl be pre wired

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
and if your interested i have a cupra cd changer im goin to put on ebay ( no cartridge though (£20 on ebay for a new one). As said the cabel should already be there in the boot...then just put a sub on and your sorted. i prviously did the stereo conversion and all was fine for 4 months untill the lot blew up and i had no aircon/heaters. and the facia and stereo arnt easy to find...or cheap to replace :doh:

becketttimmay

yer mate i had the same situation.. u might aswell get a cd changer and it fits the connection in the boot! probably better to get more thn a 6disk one tho.. better obviously try a 10disc. try ebay theres loads, relatively cheap! if u go for a alpine (the bestin my opinion) ur likely to need a adaptor.
other options,, head unit somewhere else like under the wheel in the gap, or by the cigarette lighter socket theres some room,
use could always buy a tape adaptor but not always a cool option as limited

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
i would also get a cd changer , i have the mod done in mine , but would prefer it standard to be honest , i have fibre glassed the front panel of the standard stereo , and flocked it , gives it that rally look IMO , so its just the screen

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members