Top Speed with Revo

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
Even still, thats some awesome power on a re-map. Think ill be heading that way very quickly then.....like 2-3weeks :)

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
i got a 14.43 1/4mile with just a remap, and a 0-60 of 6.2secs.

that was with standard clutch think 6secs and 14.3 is possible on a strip with my new clutch.

top speed is around 140 due to the close ratios, it simply revs out above 135 but you get there alot faster

Was this remap on a standard engine? no other modifications at all?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
TDi have more torque but less BHP but I think the peak torque and rpm are low down the rev range, therfore achieving there max sooner than a petrol.

So when a TDi has reached it maximum output a petrol could be 2/3 thirds of the way to its max power, then the desiel will require a gear change to restart the power band while the petrol can keep going until it reaches it max power, this is why TDi's have a lower rev range compared to a petrol.

Thats how I see it.
Probably wrong.
Would be better if I had a graph.

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
So basically, the petrol is slower due to the diesel having the torque early on, unlike the petrol, meaning it will get to 60 quicker, on a remap that is. I no standard they are 0.3 or something slower. which is nothing really. that comes onto the drivers expertise.

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
Ok, so come someone explain what the difference is between having your car revo'd and having it remapped? Please?

Last edited:

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
and if anybody wants to reduce the weight of there cars at all i know a company that will make anything out of carbon fibre, all your bumpers bonnets,boot, wings even doors and wheels, so if you guys want to reduce the weight for better power to weight let me know and i will find out prices

gazjones

petrol vs tdi tdi has more torque yes thats pulling ability. but because its got more than the petrol dosent mean it will be quicker. the wahy the tdi works is they usually have a really long stroke more than the petrols. petrols usually have less of a stroke and more bore giving better bhp. think of it in the way a runner with short fast steps compaird to runner with long powerfull strides. both have advantages dont they.

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
yeah they do but coming onto a motorway down a slip road i would think the tdi would be ahead until the petrol got to about 80ish then it would reel a tdi in

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
depends on the comparison
in gear acceleration or through the gears???

80ish along side a cupra R in a 130 standard ibiza, 6th gear ibiza pulled to 110 before the leon started to get away. then i was history!!!!

My audi topped out at 137 without remap. not had chance to get off road and see what difference the chip makes. certainly more responsive :)

Stu

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise