insurance on a 1.4tdi with remap!!!!

tdi_chris

2012 Leon 1.2 Tsi Copa SE
Apr 6, 2007
West Bromwich
www.myspace.com
ye i thought it was easlily detected too!
oh well the insurers will kno about it i'l make sure they get told.
I've heard people saying they wont tell their insurer and if they crash they'll get a mobile mapper to come and undo the remap so that its back to standard but i've always thought '' what if they dont tow ur car home'' UR screwed!!! lol

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
well i work in insurance work and i can garantee you they will never no if its been remapped TRUST ME ;) but if you for example wipe out a bus stop or your caught speeding at excessive speed then they would start looking into modifications its not visible and its a 1.4 tdi so wont see big power im not saying dont insure it tho! im with admiral and they are AWESOME! go online and play around with all the details adding removing various drivers changing your occupation within your trade wack up the excess ect ect and have a play around and you will get it for alotcheap than anywhere else!

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
what insurance company would scan a car esp a 1.4tdi. just insure it and drive sensibly. i crashed my cupra within a couple of months of buying it just one wheel but cost insure a bomb to replace calipers and stuff never scaned it, manager at repair shop didn't know it was a diesel till he started it up when fixed.

didn't have it remapped then but still highly unlikely to scan it. insurerers surely look out for visible mods e.g alloy, susupension etc

try privilege.com

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yep, deffo wack up the excess, think to yourself if you crashed your car and did £1000 worth of damage would you claim or would you fork out and save your NCB ???????

ressull

Ibiza FR TDi
Jun 13, 2006
Irvine, Scotland
I phoned my insurance company yesterday (Adrian Flux) to get a quotte for remapping my FR TDi up to 175bhp and was expecting a huge increase in price, but they only quotted me an extra £35 for the year so I'l definetely be telling my insurance company of the remap (when i actually get it done that is).

tdi_chris

2012 Leon 1.2 Tsi Copa SE
Apr 6, 2007
West Bromwich
www.myspace.com
thanks for all of the help guys! i'm going to ring around a few insurance companies friday on my day off and see who gives the best deal. i will definately insure it with a remap but may wait a little and save to pay the insurance in one go.

xJoJox

hiya! im an insurance broker-
norwich union, adrian flux, bell direct, natwest, money car supermarket, confused.com.
Are your best bets, you can go on ur mums insurance, but insurance companies are wising up to this grrrrrrr!- like norwich union load more on the premiums now, and if u claim, becareful because they can refuse claims easily, if they think ur the main driver.

I would jsut go on ur mums insurance, altho u wont build up ne no claims, u cud always go direct line or admiral i think and u can build up ncb as an additional driver.

hope that kinda helps x

Deleted member 13581

Im with Admiral aswell and they are extremely good.

Have you tried them?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
these crappy moneysupermarket and confused are absoloute crap cant every1 see they are BLATENT MIDDLE MEN the adverts fool so many people :rolleyes:

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
I no direct line only let you build up a NCD as a named driver driver with them. you can't move them to another policy with a different company. Ive got almost 2 years with them named and they would only let me use them with them.

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
depends on who you move to.

I have 2 years NCB on 10month policys and had the same problem. But then more than were doing a promotion and thay counted it as 2 full years NCB. i have 3year NCB now. But More than will not insure me on my Cupra TDI so i am going to move to elephant. (admiral)

bizzaboy

Another way of looking at it...

Instead of mapping your 1.4TDi, then paying an extra £1000+ ontop of your current insurance policy - why not sell your 1.4, and with the extra ££££ you'd end up paying (to cover insurance), put it towards a more powerful/faster Ibiza???

In the long-run, you'll have more scope and power to play with, than mapping your 1.4TDi now and paying a premium on insurance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members