ibiza k04...gt28rs soon to be (PICS)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
jbs made/fitted the kit to his car...

moff...i dont understand the question

i tryed the bosst test but i forget that the garrett turbos (well defo the gt28rs) dont use seals as such in turbo. i think it runs on oil pressure and the bearings etc (correct me if im wrong) so when i pressurised the sytem it leaked back tru the oil return and glugged bubbles in the sump

i tested the tip seperatly and no leaks....

i may try my old maf and see what it reads

gonna book into jbs to day. mork i know what you mean bout a blank cheque but id rather spend more and enjoy it, over pulling my hair out for the next few months

if anyone has any ideas i cud try it would be great :)

cheers people

HoocH

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
just a dumb ass question here im getting a tip for my 2871r and was wondering there are 2 outlets on mine one 50mm and the other 70-75 or so. For a tip i presume i'd need to get one to fit the 70-75mm size not the smaller one?

70-75mm inline with the bearing shaft is the compressor inlet - attach tip there. the 50mm ish one at the end of the 'spiral' is the compressor outlet.

Hooch - hope you get it sorted.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Lol. Your doing a BT and you dont know which is the inlet or exhaust side of the turbo?

Basically a standard TIP probably wont fit as the turbo is in a different position to standard, so you'll probably will have to make your own TIP.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
no im getting someone else to do it phil i just want to get all the bits in first and then get it doen but its proving a pain on getting tip as someone said it may be a diff position so you'd have to get it manufactured at a garage

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
send it to jbs mate as something in ur ecu map is confused or not set up for ur setup? If it's as simple as re doing the map 4c ur maf sensor shouldn't be a big deal but if not it'll be costly finding the route of the problem. keep me informed mate.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
yea, im booked in to jbs for sat 29th

tonight i tested the tip with wd40, running it at idle and sprayd all joints to see if the afr or rpm changes but nothing. really dont think its a tip leak issue

gonna test charged pipe work excluding turbo up to TB tomorrow

i may try different versions of the maf, im currently useing the 049

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
also just thought that the flat spot im getting (as seen in graph) cud it be to do with actuator set up? im may tighten it up a little as ther eis currently no preload

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
2nite i added a little preload...no real difference

i also pressureized the charged pipe work. found a leak on intercooler and also the blue injector seats (them plastic cups in inlet mani) were leaking. i put ptfe tape on these but is there a proper paste or tape SEAT use?

when i took it out it did look a little richer but when it really warmed up it went back to normal. could it be due to the ptfe tape not holding out?

also my DV was letting by before i got to my current boost pressure!? im runing blue spring...think i may need red spring!!
the blue was letting go around 15 psi iirc

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i blanked off the charge pipe (where it goes on to turbo) and got an inner tube from a bike and cut off the valve.

i then put the valve in place of the n75 (charge pipe to n75 pipe)

then i just got a compressor with a tyre inflator/guage attactment and pumped it up

when i got a leak and didnt know where exactly from i used water and fairy liquid in a spray bottle and sprayed all joints near the noise. it then blew bubbles from the leak....easy!

quite proud of my design!!! lol :)

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
yah thats a great idea! the best way to do it is pressurise from after the MAF and block off the PCV system. this way you can check leaks on the intake side and all the vac line will be under pressure so you can spot a leak like that too!