Which remap to go for?

davyrob

I have recently got myself an Ibiza Cupra TDI, to date I have fitted a sachs sintered clutch, green panel filter & a miltek downpipe & sports CAT. The last piece in the jigsaw now is a remap.
The favourite one being a custom code phase 2 by either JBS or Midland VW, Revo could also be a possibility, but to be honest the phase 2 appeals more to me as I've been informed by a work colleague (who runs a cupra with phase 2 software done by JBS) that you get a more linear torque curve & for longer with the phase 2.
Any feedback from people who've gone down this road would be very muchh appreciated.

cheers

Dave

p.s anyone used midland vw before

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
where abouts are you from?

i took my TDi to Performance-Torque,near wolverhampton, might be worth checking them out!

can't fault the remap i got.
i posted a review in their sponsors section.

davyrob

I'm from near Caernarfon up in North Wales, Thanks for the info, I'll have a look what performance torque can do.

cheers

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I would go to P-torque if i was you mate. There was a thread where somebody had CC then went to P-torque ( who charges half as much for a map ) and the P-torque map was smoother and more powerful. Plus p-torque will alter the map if you add more mods etc for a lot less then CC. Sports CAT`s are a waste of money on diesels by the way, you only use them on petrol cars. On diesel car you remove the CAT completely which is a lot ceaper and better.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I would go to P-torque if i was you mate. There was a thread where somebody had CC then went to P-torque ( who charges half as much for a map ) and the P-torque map was smoother and more powerful. Plus p-torque will alter the map if you add more mods etc for a lot less then CC. Sports CAT`s are a waste of money on diesels by the way, you only use them on petrol cars. On diesel car you remove the CAT completely which is a lot ceaper and better.
Agreed! I made same conclusion.

Custom-Code HQ

Hi Dave

The Custom-Code Phase 2 remap will give you the best performance increase to match the modifications you have already done within save limits.

On your car you can see between 190-200bhp and 295-315lb/ft for only £564.00 inc VAT - This can be done at JBS Auto Designs or Midland VW, they will need your car for approx 2days.

As regards to the Custom-Code Phase 1 vs custom Bell Autos remap (Not P-Torque) on the Ibiza Cupra TDi:

We were not prepared to increase the power as this would have dramatically reduced the life of the turbo and other components on this particular Ibiza - we turned away from tuning this car as we felt it was at its full potential without causing any problems to the turbo or any other components on the car. All of which it only made an extra 6bhp and 45lb/ft. The extra torque is made from the extra boost pressure on spike that is requested - this we were not prepared to do.

We tune the fastest EDC15 ECU'd cars in the UK and we are never prepared to push a customers car out of its safe limits unless requested and a disclaimer is signed.

I really do hope this helps and shows you that care for your car is one of our top priorities.

Custom-Code

Last edited by a moderator:

Wallis22

Aug 25, 2007
On diesel car you remove the CAT completely which is a lot ceaper and better.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but are you saying i can remove the CAT on my TDI with no negative effects on the car? Will this make the car's response better? Maybe i'm reading it wrong though lol. Thanks.

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield
Do it! I had a de-cat on my Ibiza for a while with no issues, took it to a local test centre to see if it would pass the smoke test and it did :D

Mike

Custom-Code HQ

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but are you saying i can remove the CAT on my TDI with no negative effects on the car? Will this make the car's response better? Maybe i'm reading it wrong though lol. Thanks.

Indeed you can :)

removing it will cause you no issues on the edc15.

The effects will only be positive :)

Last edited by a moderator:

davyrob

Thanks for the info. Will drop P-Torque a mail for spec & £'s. Reason I've been leaning towards CC is because a work colleague of mine is running a phase 2 on his cupra( also had a phase 1 before). He said the phase 2 is much better than the generic phase 1, in that the torque delivery is smooth & constant for longer( doesn't run out of steam as early as a generic one). Not going to rush into it at present as I need to do more research on my options.
As regards to going down the sports CAT route, main reason I opted for it was incase of any comebacks MOT time. Point taken that a bypass pipe would have been cheaper.
What's the score regards upgrading the 'dump valve' on diesels (don't think they re called that but they do the same job)

davyrob

Hi Dave

The Custom-Code Phase 2 remap will give you the best performance increase to match the modifications you have already done within save limits.

On your car you can see between 190-200bhp and 295-315lb/ft for only £564.00 inc VAT - This can be done at JBS Auto Designs or Midland VW, they will need your car for approx 2days.

As regards to the Custom-Code Phase 1 vs custom Bell Autos remap (Not P-Torque) on the Ibiza Cupra TDi:

We were not prepared to increase the power as this would have dramatically reduced the life of the turbo and other components on this particular Ibiza - we turned away from tuning this car as we felt it was at its full potential without causing any problems to the turbo or any other components on the car. All of which it only made an extra 6bhp and 45lb/ft. The extra torque is made from the extra boost pressure on spike that is requested - this we were not prepared to do.

We tune the fastest EDC15 ECU'd cars in the UK and we are never prepared to push a customers car out of its safe limits unless requested and a disclaimer is signed.

I really do hope this helps and shows you that care for your car is one of our top priorities.

Custom-Code

Thanks for the info. Would a phase 2 still take 2 days if you've already done a similar one before?
A guy called Loui Roberts from Anglesey( works in the same place as I do) has a CC phase 2 on his cupra tdi & reckons it's approx 200bhp & 300lbft. One of the things that has me leaning towards a cc phase 2 is the driveability factor & a linear torque curve without any spikes.

cheers

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Don`t worry mate i used to tune petrols untill a few years ago when i got bored with it and moved to diesels. If its the waste gate leave it alon. The actuator can be fiddled with to give better turbo response but thats best left to the exsperts which i am not.

bellautos

We were not prepared to increase the power as this would have dramatically reduced the life of the turbo and other components

I agree with you on this one, and my answers are the same , we do not like to give more power when it may cause damage unless the customer specialy requests it.

All of which it only made an extra 6bhp and 45lb/ft. The extra torque is made from the extra boost pressure on spike that is requested - this we were not prepared to do.

Custom-Code

Agreed on only 6bhp more which in reality is small , but just to add this map was ONLY running 105Mbar over standard NOT massive extra boost.

davyrob

Don`t worry mate i used to tune petrols untill a few years ago when i got bored with it and moved to diesels. If its the waste gate leave it alon. The actuator can be fiddled with to give better turbo response but thats best left to the exsperts which i am not.

With me it started with the wife's last car, an ibiza tdi sport which had a generic remap.
We have now an Altea TDi sport & the cupra!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.