Cupra Yeh or Neh

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
Well sold th golf gti 6 months ago and after lots of pondering i decided to put my just over 19k into a new civic type r..........
Now i have got it up for sale
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/217323.htm

Now i fancy either a couple of year old golf gti or an ex demo/used cupra max 17.5k.
What is the best price you have payed new and also for ex demo/used..

Thanks in advance

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
kevo sorry to change the subject but what are the new ctr's like :confused:im just interested why you changing cars

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
kevo sorry to change the subject but what are the new ctr's like :confused:im just interested why you changing cars

It is my first NA car and took a while to get used to the performance, but once you do the engine is in my opinion has more character to it than the 2.0tfsi, not saying its better just totally different and you cannot really compare the two. The handling is better than my old mk5cgti and going by the way i pulled away from my mate around a roundabout in his leon fr tfsi i would say i is better than that, can't comment on the cupra's handling because i have only had 20mins in one about 5 months ago..

Top car but my wife wants a more comfortable car for her everyday driving...

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
cheers kevo was just interested cause i had a honda and quite like yhe new ctr and thanks for the reply mate :D

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
This could turn into a big argument, but hey here goes:-

I drove the new Leon Cupra and the new Civic Type R back to back and the things that struck me were that the Leon is a much better drive due to the flexibility of the suspension felt better at low speeds and the torque allowed easy overtaking. I found that the Leon was much easier to make fast progress on A and B roads in than the Civic, which was due to always having power on tap.

The Civic was amazing to look at, amazing to site in. Once turned on it made some promising noises and accelerated well once above 5.5K, however below 5.5K it was the same speed as the delivery vehicle I was trying to overtake down a slip road.

For looks the Civic wins hands down, for daily driver the Cupra wins no contest.

PS The Cupra starts lookong nicer once the side skirts and rear spoiler are added.

beachboy

Mar 28, 2004
"I drove the new Leon Cupra and the new Civic Type R back to back and the things that struck me were that the Leon is a much better drive due to the flexibility of the suspension felt better at low speeds and the torque allowed easy overtaking. I found that the Leon was much easier to make fast progress on A and B roads in than the Civic, which was due to always having power on tap".

I could not agree with you more.
Well said!

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
You guys are right. My brother has a new typre R and my Cupra R is quicker, maybe not round all the corners, but in the real world i'll have turbo grunt anyday.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I would love to buy your Civic Typ R, as long as you give it another 40BHP and about another 100 torques LOL.

I asked my local Honda dealership if they could offer any sports options to make it quicker and they said no :blink:

So why then does the Jap spec have 225 and the Euro version only 197, there must be something you can do to get more power?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members