Spark Plugs problem...

sharkemir

hello ,
i have 1998 audi a3 1.8T (AGU engine code).i applied gt28rs turbo kit.everything works fines until i was trying my car. i was using NGK PFR6Qs.but its alwyas misfire and yesterday the car didnt run.i took out the plugs and they were like coal.i changed them again with pfr6q s.and they done the samething.so what spark plug do you use for BT upgrades ? which one is best for me ? what should i use ? any comments or suggestion ?

thank you

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
hello ,
i have 1998 audi a3 1.8T (AGU engine code).i applied gt28rs turbo kit.everything works fines until i was trying my car. i was using NGK PFR6Qs.but its alwyas misfire and yesterday the car didnt run.i took out the plugs and they were like coal.i changed them again with pfr6q s.and they done the samething.so what spark plug do you use for BT upgrades ? which one is best for me ? what should i use ? any comments or suggestion ?

thank you

What mapping are you running?
I use Denso Iridium IK22

sharkemir

i'm using a custom mapping which is done by Wimmer-rst from Germany.

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
I have the same problem with my AGU, if i use Iridium or PFR6Q plugs, But if i use the standard plug BKUR6ET-10 its fine, and they have never let me down.

Phil

Last edited:

sharkemir

so you run with stock spark plugs ?
i thought the stock plugs are NGK PFR6Q

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
use BKR7E NGK copper plugs gapped to around 0.28

change every 5k miles with oil change

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Perhaps try a range colder on the plug or tighten the gap on them. Or do both.

sharkemir

alright, let me try BKR7E.actually i don't know the advantage of 1 step colder sparkplug.what is the advantage of this ?

thank you

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.