Modded LCR Rims

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
yeh, i think i like them. definatley breaks up the black.

and it looks completly different to every other set of wheels i've seen on a black leon so well done.

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
one of the guys who's posted a bit further up looks like he did that from his sig.

not sure what'd look like in balck car though, maybe gloss black be better

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
I like the ride hight! How much is it lowered by? Whats that thing for on the back off your car? Ironing? :D

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
yes, i did my engine bay...looks the dogs for how cheap you can do it for lol

dont OVER do it tho.......i painted engine and manifold cover and the fuse cover centre of battery one.then just added wire covers from ebay (£15ish) to some wires and pipes and ta daaaa......go gloss tho....amd laquer your heart out lol.

Good luck

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
Thanks for the possitive feedback.

Ive slammed my coillies as low as they'll go on the rears and front are just above lowest so its even to the rear. Just replaced my splitter again the other day, yes its already buggered again! But its worth it for those comments!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i like it myself - reminds me of the golf mk5 gti for some reason

need to buff ya tyres up though ;) would look better still

been looking for that vinyl tape for ages after seeing some coloured rubber and damned if i could find the site again

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
fleabay mate search bike rim tape remember they ask for alloy size but this will be to put the tape on the right tyre size so subtract a couple of inchs if you wanted it to actually be on the alloys like i had to!

04_cupra_r

LCR Love.....
Aug 24, 2005
Kent
www.westerhamgarage.co.uk
How much was the power coating in Crawley? Been looking for someone locally to do it. Also did they want the tyres taken off the rims to do it? I know what was meant by loosing the size of the wheels when the rims are black, the Megane has 18s on it in dark anthracite and the wheels look smaller than the lcr's.

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
How much was the power coating in Crawley? Been looking for someone locally to do it. Also did they want the tyres taken off the rims to do it? I know what was meant by loosing the size of the wheels when the rims are black, the Megane has 18s on it in dark anthracite and the wheels look smaller than the lcr's.

I think putting the tape on has actually taken away that smaller look, to me they seem bigger now???

They cost £200 to powder coat, they took off the tyres themselves and re-balanced them too. Plus i was cheeky and asked for them to powder coat the spare and change the tyres around as it was more kerbed up than the rest which was awfully kind of them.

Would recommend to anyone Wicked Wheels Crawley near Gatwick, they also do home repairs but obviously cant do powder coating on the road as they bake them.

04_cupra_r

LCR Love.....
Aug 24, 2005
Kent
Nice, I'll see if i can get a better price before got and get them done then. Have you thought about spraying the plastic covers on the wheel nuts black, just so the nuts don't look so out of place? The red looks good from a distance, it looked a bit strange in the first close up pics but i think its a grower.. ;)

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
Nice, I'll see if i can get a better price before got and get them done then. Have you thought about spraying the plastic covers on the wheel nuts black, just so the nuts don't look so out of place? The red looks good from a distance, it looked a bit strange in the first close up pics but i think its a grower.. ;)

Funny you should mention the nut caps, ive brought a can of red paint and laquer to do them but im missing two so never got round to doing them. Was going to get some from scrappy but never got any lcr's down there. Anywhere online i can get a set cheep?

04_cupra_r

LCR Love.....
Aug 24, 2005
Kent
Funny you should mention the nut caps, ive brought a can of red paint and laquer to do them but im missing two so never got round to doing them. Was going to get some from scrappy but never got any lcr's down there. Anywhere online i can get a set cheep?

Would say I'd give you some of mine because i don't use them but if i spray the alloys black like yours then I'll need them. If i was home i'd go down the garage and try and get a few cheap. Ring Westerham Garage ( www.westerhamgarage.co.uk ) and ask to speak to Pete in the parts department, he is always willing to help and if he can't get them for you he'll find someone who can. Other option is always eBay, look for someone breaking a LCR on there, usually one a month or so..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members