Leon TDi FR Brake Upgrade

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Hmmm....I get mad squealey brakes, but only when they have warmed up. I don't seem to get it when i go round corners though....only when i apply the brakes. Its annoying as hell, and i'm just guessing it must be the pads being a really hard compound.

Would be interested in the 312mm conversion...i seem to recall seeing some pics of an fr with it on here a while ago, but can't find them now.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hmmm....I get mad squealey brakes, but only when they have warmed up. I don't seem to get it when i go round corners though....only when i apply the brakes. Its annoying as hell, and i'm just guessing it must be the pads being a really hard compound.

Would be interested in the 312mm conversion...i seem to recall seeing some pics of an fr with it on here a while ago, but can't find them now.
Here mate: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130737

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
just a quickie, as i don't recall seeing answer posted.

Will the 312 upgrade work on the standad leon cupra 17" as i need to sort this in the not to distant future.
My wheels are 17's and as you can see form the thread fill the wheel quite nicely. They still look half decent on 19"s but could do with bigger discs with 19" on.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys,

Quick on-topic question....

I was asking Andy from Awesome about some options & prices for an upgrade, and he says we have 312mm discs as standard ?

Can anyone elaborate ?

Thanks

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Hi guys,

Quick on-topic question....

I was asking Andy from Awesome about some options & prices for an upgrade, and he says we have 312mm discs as standard ?

Can anyone elaborate ?

Thanks

Hes WRONG... the FR/Cupra in PETROL all got 312mm, but Seat found that the TDI didnt need it for some strange reason and gave ALL TDI FR/CUPRA's 288mm discs... but the same calipers... :confused:

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
jonjay, i see you have 17" on yours, but you have the fr wheels not the cupra wheels which are different in design, and i'm notup for getting the kit and find not enough clearance etc

slick, so does that mean i only need new pads and discs and should be all ok?

sorry, but i'm not very mechanically minded and need some things, (read everything), in laymans plain english

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
As pat says...

Pads, new 312mm disc and new carriers from any 312mm VAG car A3, Leon, Golf, Bora etc... kit done!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Excellent !!

I'm assuming you can get 312mm discs all round then & not just on the front?

Are we still talking £300+ even if we got the Leon discs & carriers ?

Cheers guys

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
vagparts do the carriers for about £100, discs will be about £80 and you can re-use the original pads as you retain the original caliper :) Not sure about the rears, don't see much point in ugrading them other than for looks.

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Been scanning the net how does this look for pricing? E-mailed about delivery cost!

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=TDI&model=Golf IV&submodel=&category=Braking&subcategory=Big Brake OEM

i would think shipping brake kits from the states would cost a small fortune...

from ecstuning site...
Direct bolt on kit to convert your stock 288mm rotor to the much larger 312mm rotor from the Audi TT. When installing this kit your calipers do not need changed & you do not need to remove brake line from the caliper. This is a direct bolt on kit that is easily installed. This kit does require the use of 16" wheels. This kit comes with the following:

16" wheels? whats that all about?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.