150 PD EGR Valve

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Any 150PD boys taken there EGR valves off to replace it with a race pipe or Allards pipe upgrade?

E.g. Got a EGR valve suplus on there garage floor? ;)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Was wondering where this was going. :D

Afraid my EGR went to a new owner not long after I swapped to an Allard pipe. Are you trying to make a stealth racepipe?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Was wondering where this was going. :D

Afraid my EGR went to a new owner not long after I swapped to an Allard pipe. Are you trying to make a stealth racepipe?

Not far along the lines of that, doing a Wingnut conversion on one! Better chance of fooling the ECU and not gaining a CEL fault code!, plus it will look a little more OEM!

Do you know how much VW etc want for a EGR valve pipe... :banned:

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Not far along the lines of that, doing a Wingnut conversion on one! Better chance of fooling the ECU and not gaining a CEL fault code!, plus it will look a little more OEM!

Do you know how much VW etc want for a EGR valve pipe... :banned:

when I checked about 3 yrs since they were £160, :ban::censored::headhurt: just break out the drill/cutters/hacksaw and get going;)

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well just got two, for £50 a piece! ;)

And yes they are £169.58 for one from VW lol

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
£50? I got a whole pd130 engine for £75. :D But it had been hydrolocked.... Still, had the EGR on it, with a broken valve rod. Also the internals were in great condition despite the "end" the engine came to ultimately.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Ive got a spare one in the garage if your thinking of playing with it. PM an offer if you want it ;)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Check these pics out - from TDIclub. :D YUCK! Glad I'll never get even close to that!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.