cylinder head tool

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
where do i get the correct tool to for my cylinder head bolts?

ive tryed the dealers and they said they arnt allowed to sell me one :(

HoocH

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Go to another dealer. I often purchase tools from VAG with no issues. You can get them from VW, Audi or Skoda.

Anyways, its a 12mm spline tool. Should be available fom Halfrauds or other motor factors. (p.s. pretty sure its 12mm, but not 100%)

t18con.

i turned a similar (larger)one i had in my set in the grinder once and it worked

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
its not the same spline as driveshafts. driveshafts are trianguler spline and head bolts are square spline.

i will try GSF cheers

DPJ....was good to put a face to the name :)

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Got my ribe set from halfrauds. Made by Laser I believe. Not all stores have them.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i may aswell ad it to this thread.....

has anyone got a link to the correct size valve spring compressor?

thank you please

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
Its a M9 ribe bit unusual size that tend to break at the head. I've used several and the laser one is **** breaks and strips the head of the bolt. Very poor fit. The length is also critical or else you wont be able to do bolts 7,8,9,10 under caps one and six on the in and out camshafts.

Valve spring compressor adapter can't be bought anywhere I've found, custom machine M10 deep reach socket. Tool steel is hard as to machine.

A m10 ribe bit is also handy to recover striped heads!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i borrowed my mates ribe tool. it was a perfect fit. had 10 on the side of it also!?!?

as for the spring compressor i think ive customised a small spring compressor to fit

cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members