ABS and traction control lights

Potts

hello there everyone am new to all this so be gentle with me!!

i have a ibiza 1.9 tdi pd130 fr and have just been down to Devon for the weekend from north wales, and on my way down the m5 after covering around 150miles the ABS and traction control lights appeared on the dash!? was a bit scared at first but my brakes seamed to be working OK, but i pulled over anyway just in case. the problem seamed to clear at first but then came back once i set off again.
i carried on to devon anyway and then left the car overnight and the next day it was fine again, and was all weekend until i was around half way home and it came up again!
so it looks like it is happening on long journeys when im not using the brakes very much. any one have any ideas or had the same problem?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Potts

the wheels are the standard 16 205/45 ones that come on the fr

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
ABS sensor is prone to failing, will mean TCS/ABS intermittently dont work. would be worth getting SEAT/or anyonoe else with the hardware to VAGCOM for the error code to see exactly what it is....

If its under warranty is an easy fix, had mine done outside warranty and was circa £50 fitted iirc...

Potts

cheers for that, the car is still under warranty but will get my local garage to VAGCOM it first then and see if there is any errors cos its 70miles to my nearest dealer!

Potts

took my car to seat yesterday to give it a diagnostics and you were spot on eternal rage, it was an ABS sensor the rear drivers side one that had failed. so back on monday to get it replaced under the waranty. :clap:

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
took my car to seat yesterday to give it a diagnostics and you were spot on eternal rage, it was an ABS sensor the rear drivers side one that had failed. so back on monday to get it replaced under the waranty. :clap:

Good Good...

...not that it went wrong that is, but that it is something cheap and easy to fix under warranty... car will be back up to speed in no time...

...when mine was poorly they said it could be one of three things, and one was approx £200 to fix, 'relieved' was an understatment when they said it was the ABS sensor...

Potts

car back up to speed! ABS sensor replaced so everything back to normal and the disco dash has gone! big thanks to SEAT pentraeth motors in angelsey .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.