Brighter reversing light bulb?

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Hi

Anyone know whether there is a better (brighter) bulb on the market that is compatible with the Leon Mk2 reversing light (and won't trigger any faults)?

I park in an unlit, private car-park and, particularly on rainy nights, I have virtually nill visibility behind when reversing in to my space. Same problem on unlit roads.

The existing reversing light bulb isn't bright enough to light the kerb behind, let alone the bay markings on the floor. Parking sensors wouldn't help with this either.

Hope someone can assist, before I do some expensive damage to the wheels or rear quarter-panels.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
I could do with knowing the same thing as I have similar problem. My works car park is not lit at night and I am doing overnight work at the moment.

pr0ton

May 28, 2006
Same problem here. The currect reversing light is useless. You get more light from brake light than the reverse. I might install a second one somewhere under the the car behind the rear bumper.

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Rear lights on the rear diff/axle were all the rage in the early 80's:funk::funk:

Try and do what the clubman rally guys did and just bolt a spot light on the rear tailgate for reversing when they spun it on country roads at night on illegal road rallys!!:lol::clap:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Put you fog light on at same time, does help a bit, get same probelm on the Toledo and Altea. Thread like this talked about in altea section ages ago, look in there , were few points made on it.

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Well, I'm glad it's not just me then.

No chance I'm fitting an auxilliary reversing light; it'd get knocked off if I reverse park and oversail the kerb, assuming it survived the first speed hump.

Will give the fog-lamp trick a try in the short-term and see if halfrauds have any higher-wattage bulbs at the weekend. Anyone know if LED reversing lights are any better, do any fit in the housing, and what resistor etc would I need to get round the bulb-failure sensing?

Reading the altea posts, I can't believe that reversing lights are solely classed as a 'warning' or direction indicator (a poster said that Seat claimed they are as a warning to other drivers, not to aid rear visibility at night). There must be pedestrian-safety implications at the very least.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I have to back mine up an unlit narrow lane to get it onto the drive

I use the reversing light, fog light and the brake lights - it's not too bad but I can't help but think a single spot light 'somewhere' would be easier.

I don't feel like using the hazards and going like a snail.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise