Would 19" fit??

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
NewLeons.jpg

My Leon Cupra lowered about 80mm or so on Coilovers with 235/35/19's with no rubbing, no steering issues, no full lock problems, with no work required, gotta love the monster arches...

...and as mentioned, 20's will go on no probs, check Rick's for another example of how they look...

DSC05128.jpg

(hope use of photo is OK Rick...it is a bl**dy awesome picture)

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
SWEET

that looks fab!

not sure i would like the 20's on coil-overs though?
gotta be a tad on the harsh side?

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Can anyone with a LCR (Not a LC) tell me if a set of the 19" RS6 replica alloys will clear my Brembo's on the front without spacers please. Also can anyone confirm if I can still use my 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear or are the 19's too wide to use spacers aswell. Any help would be appreciated as i'm after buying a set real soon.

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Can anyone with a LCR (Not a LC) tell me if a set of the 19" RS6 replica alloys will clear my Brembo's on the front without spacers please. Also can anyone confirm if I can still use my 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear or are the 19's too wide to use spacers aswell. Any help would be appreciated as i'm after buying a set real soon.

Can answer about the Brembo's for certain but i am 90% sure they will fit, simply because the RS6 didnt exactly have mincy breaks in the first place ;)

As for the 15mm rear spacers, they will be fine. Can have up to 20mm with no scrubbage at all...

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Eternal Rage> In the pics of your car, do you have spacers on it (what size if so?) Can someone absolutely confirm if the RS6 replica alloys will clear the Brembo's and also will I need longer nuts or are the standard ones from my LCR alloys long enough / the same depth required? Sorry for all the questions... I have had grief buying alloys in the past where they don't fit properly you see. Any help is much appreciated :)

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Eternal Rage> In the pics of your car, do you have spacers on it (what size if so?) Can someone absolutely confirm if the RS6 replica alloys will clear the Brembo's and also will I need longer nuts or are the standard ones from my LCR alloys long enough / the same depth required? Sorry for all the questions... I have had grief buying alloys in the past where they don't fit properly you see. Any help is much appreciated :)

Yes, i had 20mm hubcentric on the rears and 8mm non hubcentric on the fronts. Bot were fine in the no scrubbage sense...

...but for safety reasons i ditched the fronts as the wheels werent located on the hubs at all, and were being held by the bolts alone... i was assured they were perfectly safe, but the last thing i wanted is sheered bolts and a three wheeled Leon, not my idea of fun...

...the Rears are difinately there to stay, set the wheels out to the arches perfectly, improves stability and grip due to the wider track, much more predictable in heavy cornering etc etc... can you tell i like the handling ;)

The bolts will be the same length for the fronts, both VAG fitment wheels and nuts. The rears will alter depending on the spacer thickness, obviously a 20mm spacer required 20mm longer nuts than the fronts... :whistle:

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Just one more thing.... Do I get 235 wide or 225 wide tyres.... so confusing (Are 225 tyres cheaper than 235 when it comes to replacing them)? If I use 225 will the alloy be more protrusive than the tyre (will the alloy be the first thing to hit a kerb or the tyre)? I want to order a set today, just need to finalise what width tyres I want.

Jayt

Oct 5, 2007
if it were me i would go for the 225 and save the steering a bit, the wider 235 will cause tramlining and you WILL loose some of your handling. but the majority of people will say that handling will suffer due to ninteens being fitted anyways. i definintly noticed it on mine when i took the 17s off. but thats my opinion before i upset loads of people on here. :)

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
It would depend on the width of the rim to which tyres are best, so based on you saying you were getting the RS6's i would personally go for 235/35/19 rubber.

Neither option is cheap, based on the same Toyo T1-R, here are the mytyres quote per tyre:

Toyo
Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
225/35 ZR19 88Y RF with rim protection ridge * with mytyres.co.uk only £ 134.60

Toyo
Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
235/35 ZR19 91Y RF with rim protection ridge * with mytyres.co.uk only £ 153.40

..about £80 a set difference... personal preference, but the reason i ditched my 19's in favour of 18's is the cost of rubber, so if you want to keep them, be prepared for the slightly higher £££ for tyres...