whats Quicker - Leon vs Toyota T sport

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Mate just bought a corolla T sport 190bhp version (standard). he wants have a quick shot with me. So i know in advance will he have me? (Leon 1.8T [early model] - stage1 remap, filter and rear box).
He states he keeps up with CTR but could be chattin sh*t. :p

Any else had a runnin in with these VVT motors?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
me and my daughter have had a scaletrix race,i pissed all over her in the corolla,i had inside lane and she is 3. :p

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Easy pickings. Based on book figures:

-They do 0-60 in 8.1 compared to a standard Leon's time of 7.6.
-They have top speed of 140mph, compared to standard Leon's speed of 142mph.

...we have to assume the bits inbetween would follow suit...

...but yours isnt standard 180 BHP, depending on the turbo you have it will be 200-215 BHP, so should have no trouble :D

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
if your clutch and gearbox is running strong and that you keep the power going well through the shifts, you might just leave him. but the 190 is light and sharp with a bullet proof gearbox and with good shifts keeping it up 6k, it will be tough

190 can keep up pace with the CTR, but won't win (if even change and drive)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
I SAY ... U BETTER RIP THAT TOYOTA TO PIECES YOUNG MAN ...

Take the challenge...

Kill it !

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Easy pickings. Based on book figures:

-They do 0-60 in 8.1 compared to a standard Leon's time of 7.6.
-They have top speed of 140mph, compared to standard Leon's speed of 142mph.

...we have to assume the bits inbetween would follow suit...

...but yours isnt standard 180 BHP, depending on the turbo you have it will be 200-215 BHP, so should have no trouble :D

Its a ko3s turbo, as is been changed by d previous owner :p (1 pipe on actuator)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
if your clutch and gearbox is running strong and that you keep the power going well through the shifts, you might just leave him. but the 190 is light and sharp with a bullet proof gearbox and with good shifts keeping it up 6k, it will be tough

190 can keep up pace with the CTR, but won't win (if even change and drive)

It just had gear box oil change and service this week. (needed it) :D

Cupraloon

Sounds like a fairly close thing, but you should nose it with the extra power from the remap....

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
with 132lb/ft of torque to pull 1210kg, the corolla is going to be struggling with a standard LC on anything other than a drag race. There is no way it would stay with a CTR either, I could just about in my 200SX when it was standard and the SX comprehensively beat a T sport in a sprint soon after I first got it. It wasn't even funny :blink:

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
I have thrashed a 190bhp Toyota in the past... guess we talking about the same engine.
It was a friends Corolla I drove in South Africa... They call them the RUNx there.

You will have to use the Turbo to your advantage,....

I dont think the Toyota has much low end grunt, so youll be ok ...

You use the Turbo to the max... If you have a string clutch also.. you can gain alot with the gear changes...

The toyota seems to be a top end screamer ( V-Tec style) so if you get your gears , and a nice smooth pull away sorted... you can chop it to bits...

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
If the Toyota Kills you...

Drown your LCR with petrol and set it alight....

Get a TDI ... hihihihi

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Its a not lcr :p

oh sheeeet... in that case it might be a tough nut to crack...

But hey... Did David chicken out on Goliath ? ....

Go on young man...

WE WANT WAR !!!
WE WANT WAR !!!
WE WANT WAR !!!

Alltogether now folks. ...

WE WANT WAR !!!

WE WANT WAR !!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
From what i hear... the Toyota fans are already getting ready for the event ...

Are you gonna let us all down here ??? :confused:

72115685ko8.jpg

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just to add

Here are some example i come across.

CTR (filter and exhaust)
Waiting at traffic lights, come red tinted ctr, passenger puts window down looks, giggles puts the window up. So thought might as well since he wanted a go.
Launch off he had 1second quicker response. but 1st 2nd gear and half way down 3rd gear we were level. but he turned off :whistle:. (that showed him) but didnt get a chance to take it all the way.

ALMERA 2.0GT (exhaust)
On the motor way, almera began bummpering, i was in 6th :p. he then began undertake me, so i just pressed it 1sec l8r, mines started pulling away. till i gave it 5 car gap. but backed off due to high speeds :banned: