LCR Exhaust Gap between Rear Bumper

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Dear All,

I have just compared another Cupra R with mine and I have noticed that the rear exhause gap between the rear bumper is wider than the other Cupra R. Its as if the exhuast is loose.

I have just checked underneth the rear box closest to the tail pipe and the exhaust is definiely connected to the car. I have tried lefting the exhaust up to see if it was the loose but all seems fine. Any ideas? Where do I get it fixed and how much will it cost?

Regards.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
mine has dropped and only after fitting the new rear arb did i notice one of the brackets had actually snaped which i hadn't even seen before as its right under the bumper from what i remember but basically i could not see it until i was right under the car, but even with it snapped i couldn't lift the exhaust back up

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
mine is closer to the right of the gap than the left!! just assumed it was an LCR quirk, nothing to worry about.

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
ye i had the garage sort mine out a while ago looks perfect now

mycupra3.jpg

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
If you still have warranty remaining you may be able to push your dealer into replacing your backbox. They did mine without me even asking about it.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
mine was hanging a bit low (fnarr fnarr) but it all seemed solid so ididn't think any more about it. when it went for its first MOT they told me that the mounting on the backbox had come away and was close to breaking off. £10 later i had a fixed exhaust and a tailpipe that sat higher up. ;)

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Went under the car today after your advise and found that as with all of you, the bracket before the rear box had come adrift.

Rang Seat SMC in Windsor to see if the 5th year warrenty covered this and they said that he was wear and tear. Tried to get a replacement bracket or for therm to weld it back and they wanted £ 155 parts only for a new exhaust.

Anyway went to Reliance Auto Test in Slough and they welded it back for only £ 15.

Regards.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.