Getting hold of HID

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Right,
One of my mates can get hold of 8000k hid's for £117-free fitting and 15 months warrenty. He has just had them fitted to his car tonight and they look awesome!
Is this an alright price for this conversion? I have searched and some people can get them from £70! where from? fleabay will be out of the question as the laptop im on wont let me go on fleabay. Any other places to get hold of them?

Cheers.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
U know where to get them from you dope, and if anybody else fancies them at this price, let me or matner know and we will advise accordingly!!

Jimski

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
These are the ones i got recently took 10 days to come through but for £60 you can't argue, fair enough i've had a suspect ballast, but one quick email to the sales guys and they are sending my a new ballast in the post.

Very easy to fit and from what i've seen they look cool, i've gone for the H7 6000k set.

From mydepots.com

C1TPT

Jan 23, 2007
St. Albans, hertfordshire
i paid £60 for mine but i got them from ebay, really good quality and had no problems, as of yet. Touch wood!!!! lol alot of people on here say mydepots is a good site to get them from tho!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
can i confirm - HID's do I need H5 or H7 or H3 or what lol????? either going for 6K or 8K off fleabay....cheap enough to replace after 12 mnths if naker up

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Most people have got 6000k haven't they. is there much difference between 6k and 8k apart from the colour? carnt decide which one's as they are both same price.
cheers

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
had HID's in main headlights for a while now no probs £80 ebay job, been in the car 7 months or so now. just ordered a set for the fogs, £50 all in from hong kong on ebay....keep you posted as to the quality when i get them.

DSCF1012.jpg

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
Most people have got 6000k haven't they. is there much difference between 6k and 8k apart from the colour? carnt decide which one's as they are both same price.
cheers

The light beam is better the lower power they are. 6k's were noticeable better for vision than my 10k's (but they were still good)

never got pulled or flashed by anyone with either.

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
8000k...its in the sig.....i had 6000k on my old Type R but thought this time i would go a little bluer as you ca get normal bulbs that are quite like 6000k and i wanted to stand out (as if i didnt anyway in a yellow car)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Here's a question, if you have 7k in your headlights, and 7k's in your Full Beam, will there be a brightness difference?

Or should you upgrade to say 9k for the full beam?