Has anyone got any pics..? (IHI Q)

JAY DE

Work in progress....
Apr 4, 2007
Sunny Essex
Has any got a picture of the TIP used on a IHI set-up on a LCR .?

Pics with the engine out with the turbo and TIP connected would be nice :)

I just need to know where its extended.

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
JBS seem to use an OEM shaped silicone LCR TIP. Take a look at this pic.
Its the kit for the LC/Golf/A3, but will most likely only sit a little higher with the LCR kit, so in theory be a direct fit?

JBS_IHI_KIT_FITTED_2_480x600.jpg

JAY DE

Work in progress....
Apr 4, 2007
Sunny Essex
Thanks pal, just what i was after..

I'm using a Jabba manifold so i'm thinking because the turbo sits more central on the jabba manifold the TIP may need a little coupler and extending across :D

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
I have a pic of the jabba setup too :D.

No tip in this pic, but should give you an idea.

Ben_Corrado_AGU_03_800x600.JPG

Compared to.....

JBS_IHI_KIT_FITTED_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
are you not worried about your blue hose melting being so close to the manifold and DP?

You commented last time I posted this pic.

Blue pipes only for mock up.

For my own intake pipe, (I have the JBS kit) I've chopped up my forge K03 TIP. I've used the top part to retain DV & PCV attachment positions, but have used a larger bend at the bottom with an aluminium joining pipe. The metal pipe has a small connection welded for the charcoal system attachment.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
You commented last time I posted this pic.

Blue pipes only for mock up.

For my own intake pipe, (I have the JBS kit) I've chopped up my forge K03 TIP. I've used the top part to retain DV & PCV attachment positions, but have used a larger bend at the bottom with an aluminium joining pipe. The metal pipe has a small connection welded for the charcoal system attachment.

LOL - consistent are'nt I :D

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
The jabba IHI LCR boys

Do you run the standard samco hose then ?

Mine uses the OEM hose!

...well the top half of it anyway. The bottom half of it (i.e. elbow) is a metal item - a Jabba part apparently. I was thinking of getting a Samco or similar to replace the OEM top section and was assuming I'd have to chop it. Now you've got me wondering if it'd go straight on?

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I remember jabba butchered my samco Intake pipe when they fitted my ihi,never refunded me.They used the standard item in the end adapted aka bodged to work.

elrao

Jay - So this is where you get all your info ;)

When I was looking at an IHI with the Jabba manifold from APS I am pretty sure they said they were going to reuse my existing silicone TIP, not sure if they were going to cut it down or not though?

Have got a spare blue silicone hose from Hong Kong if you want to a trial run first?!

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
this is the one removed from my TT which was for the jabba set up

ttphotos001.jpg

This is how I'm planning to "adapt" my current TIP, though mine is starting out as a K03 based TIP. I'll retain the top part for OEM DV, N75, breather placement and chop off the bottom part.
I have an ali joining piece with a tee welded in for the charcoal cannister pipe.

Should work okay.................I hope :) .