1st pics of my beeza (now with THS FMIC)

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Does look good, A/C pump and towing eye still in place yeah? Also, with a bit of bumper trimming would you be able to squeeze mesh in there? Would also be interested in logs.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Not keen on the look of it tbh. Looks to much like the ones you'l find on punto gt's.

For the cost of this one i would have gone for the laguna set up as its been proven to work well and looks soo much better. Or if money was no object then the jabba Pro Alloy cooler would be the one to go for as it looks better than this one,the laguna ones and the forge ones put together

May 2, 2006
cooler "looks" good
not too sure on pipework on passanger side

but what amazes me literally is that people are putting their hands in their pocket and buying these without even seeing logs of other peoples that are fitted, how do you know what effect its having on boost?? temps?? etc etc etc .... crazy imo

people have posted logs of laguna setup, fair enough it might look a bit gash, but it does work (proven)

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
It looks superb mate, how much would you take to fit one if I supplied all the parts???

Collins - How did you get yours spot on central???

found the centre of the crash bar and worked it out like that welded some brackets on to hang it off wernt really that hard just take ur time finding centre makes all the difference when its finished

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
Does look good, A/C pump and towing eye still in place yeah? Also, with a bit of bumper trimming would you be able to squeeze mesh in there? Would also be interested in logs.

A/c pump and towing eye still in place ok. Once you have trimmed the bumper to fit the cooler you won't be able to fit the mesh.

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
cooler "looks" good
not too sure on pipework on passanger side

but what amazes me literally is that people are putting their hands in their pocket and buying these without even seeing logs of other peoples that are fitted, how do you know what effect its having on boost?? temps?? etc etc etc .... crazy imo

people have posted logs of laguna setup, fair enough it might look a bit gash, but it does work (proven)

Whats wrong with the pipework on the passenger side? Been seeing the differance on the boost gauge m8 it's coming on to boost straight away a lot lower down the rev range. At the end of the day an intercooler is an intercooler, The core is bigger than a forge and it's got plenty of fins which is the important part as thats what makes the cold intake temps.

Looks good Scott... Could you not have hung the core first and then matched up the pipework to get it bang on center? Or is it a lot harder to get the pipework to fit then?

Looks good for the money mate, and I'm sure it will do the trick. The core isn't huge either so there'll be minimum pressure loss across the cooler. Having logs would prove any quibbles tho. I'm not a huge fan of all the samco bends, are there any coolers with a full hardpipe kit out of interest?

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
wouldnt it be a bit restricted for all you big turbo people , surely 350bhp of air flow would struggle to get through that quickly , it doesnt look that big ,

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
rights hes got back to me..

For me and Djscotch all the silicone pipes and clips it came to £118.25 each

For one buy all in it came to £124.70 both with special price on the hose clips.

Copied and pasted :
1st e-mail
No one does 65mm elbows but 63mm elbows will fit over 65mm outlets nicely.
3 x 65mm 90 degree bends 18.95 £56.85
1 x 65mm 45 degree bend £22.95
1 x 65mm 135 degree bend £23.40
20 x 60-80mm stainless clips £21.50

£124.70. I've given you a special price on the hose clips and will include courrier delivery free of charge.

2nd e-mail
Gave you a pretty good price to be honest. The stainless clips are pretty expensive. You could probably half the cost of the clips if you went for zinc plated. We can do the aluminium too but not from stock but delivery wouldn't take long.
£118.25 with two deliveries, a bit cheaper if only 1 delivery, is my best price. That price includes 90 degree elbows with 150mm legs. Forge only give you 102mm legs and thats often not enougth. If you want short legs you can knock £7 of the total price. Doubt you'll find it cheaper including Vat.
Can also do it with aluminium elbows and couplers which we sell.
The above price assumes 2 sales. cheers Dave

And here for tha alloy tubing?
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/SHEETS-AND-TUBING-Aluminium-Tube/c321_338/index.html

Last edited:

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
wouldnt it be a bit restricted for all you big turbo people , surely 350bhp of air flow would struggle to get through that quickly , it doesnt look that big ,

that cooler is only rated to flow up to 300bhp but for big power people you can get a type2 or type3.

Thanks for all the coments folks:)

May 2, 2006
Whats wrong with the pipework on the passenger side? Been seeing the differance on the boost gauge m8 it's coming on to boost straight away a lot lower down the rev range. At the end of the day an intercooler is an intercooler, The core is bigger than a forge and it's got plenty of fins which is the important part as thats what makes the cold intake temps.

and what difference have you been seeing on your gauge??

pmsl :lol: "a intercooler is a intercooler", go fit a GRS intercooler mate, or a big bad @ss dual core cooler that is far too big, you will soon change your opinion their

bigger is never always better, think about core design, end tank size, dwell time, pressure loss, etc etc hence why people are asking to see logs, it may work very well, but wheres the proof?? ... :rolleyes: