Ibiza + Water = F*cked

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
My car is buggered :( So I'm not a happy bunny..

Drove to Romsey about 50ish miles in the rain. After a while revs dropped and went all juddering lost all power.. Came of the motorway stopped and the roundbaout and it just died completly.. Left it about 10mins and it started up again without a problem. Odd thing is (and I'm sure I'm not seeing things) just as it started going all juddery looked like sparks coming out of the exhaust like it had dropped and fallen on the floor but it was intact (I have a side exit so saw it out of my N/S mirror).

As I had already gone half way thought I'd carry on to Romsey. Not a problem the rest of the way. Driving back - it did go juddery but not cut out so managed to get home fine.

Left it the night to dry out.. This morning went to start it and nothing - got in from work and nothing.. It won't even turn over :(

I'm assuming its just a bit water logged but its been left well over 24hours now and still nothing..

My dad is going to have a look over it tomorrow for me. (would do it my self but silly weather and getting dark early stops that untill the weekend) x

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
hmm mines stated hunting in the cold, then i sorts its self out... but tonight driving back if juddered very so slighty a few times whilst accelerating, once its warm its fine... hmmm ill wait till it stops, then ill drive the ye olde golf until that stops.... then ill buy a push bike lol

then next year ill fix :)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
yeh man, should be the last time i run the Golf without boost, so ill brave the cold and pop down, not sure if my friend will be in the pikey toledo

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
It has been drilled I think but not my moi.. Poss water in that?? I'll look at the weekend..
What damage will that do if it sucks up water??

It's running now anyways.. lots of WD40 later thanks to Daddy doing it this morning whilst I am at work.. I'll be replacing the dizzy cap and rotary arm at some point this weekend. x

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
yea well ive heard from a few people that it is possiable for that to take in lots of water (perhaps if went through a puddle). i know it wouldnt be cgood for the car but dont know what it will do! glad to hear its running again.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
fingers crossed for yah, did the same myself hitting a puddle at about 50 in the dark so didn't see it, was ok overnight

hope all gets sorted for yah

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Every 2.0 8v owner should carry a can of WD40 and a straw with them at all times! They hate the rain!

WD40 the dizzy, take the plugs and leads out, clean the plugs, stick them in a low heat oven for a few minutes, and stick them back in, tighten them to the right torque and refit the leads.

Other than that, coil?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.