Show me your Boot Install

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Mine, hopefully soon to be changed.

DSC00289.jpg

Mate how do you power the red neons? Do they just come when the boot opens??

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
you can have them on a switch that you can manually turn on/off from the main power source or you could tap into the boot light bulb for an automatic on/off source (wich you could also add a switch on!)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
you can have them on a switch that you can manually turn on/off from the main power source or you could tap into the boot light bulb for an automatic on/off source (wich you could also add a switch on!)

i've been wanting to put neons in for ages now. Trouble is i don't have a boot light.
Is there any other sources i could tap into to make it come on just when the boot opens?

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
you could try tapping into the amp feed? into the same connector with a switch on it so it not on all the time? i had mine like this at one point :)

Mate thanks for the suggestion but i'm no electrical expert so thats like a foreign language to me. A mate usually does all my electricals.

Would your sugeestion mean the neons come when i open the boot?

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Here was mine and the Mrs's effort in her Leon (the top pictue), was previously fitted in her Mk2 Beeza though (the bottom picture):

IMG_1816.jpg

Install2.jpg

2 Kenwood 8151D Amps.
1 Kenwood 4 Ch Amp.
2 Vibe Blair Air 12's.
Vibe Components in Front with custom tweeter builds
6x4's mounted in standard rear location
2 Vibe PC10 Powercaps
4 Gauge cable all the way to the Amps!!!

Hope you like!!! Oh, and the ICE install is potentially FOR SALE!!!

fatcatman

Apr 13, 2007
Few of my various Beeza installs:

First one:

Ibizainstall1_2.jpg

Ibizainstall1_1.jpg

Which progressed to this-

Ibizainstall2_1.jpg

Then i got an FR and went bigger and more powerful (pics of it half finished):

Ibizainstall3_1.jpg

Ibizainstall3_2.jpg

An finally my current stuff (havent got a full boot shot):

Ibizainstall4_1.jpg

CDSTES06final1.jpg

final.jpg

tweeterfinal.jpg

Poverty

Fookin hell the last two posts are mega boot builds. Where do you guys get your stuff from or who makes it. I need to get some custom tweeter build for when I get my diamond comps. Where could I get that done?

Fatcatman what are the specs of your build. Power and rough price?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i like to keep some of my boot space tho ;) thats why it was only half full.. i spent ages tryin to think how i could do it lol you adapt the original one thats there ie take the mesh out and filler it or filler over the mesh...

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
DSC01050.jpg

Its got red neon tapped into the bootlight supply also.

Not as good as most on here but does the job very nicely.
And i can still fit a good lot in!

fatcatman

Apr 13, 2007
Fookin hell the last two posts are mega boot builds. Where do you guys get your stuff from or who makes it. I need to get some custom tweeter build for when I get my diamond comps. Where could I get that done?

Fatcatman what are the specs of your build. Power and rough price?

If you want a rough guide on how do do the tweets look here:
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=233708

The First two install in the pics are Alpine m1000 monoblock (1000w rms) and two alpine two channel amps (100x2 and 50x2 rms) with infinity perfect components and 2 infinity perfect 12" subs.
My current stuff (not really pictured) consists of 2 Genesis dual monos (150rms x 2 each) and a USamps 2000x (2000w rms) with a 15" re audio xxx sub, CDT components and CDT midbass under the seats.

Price = a lot ;)

I did all the work myself

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester

Thanks...

It was all designed and built by myself & my mrs over the space of a weekend. We went for the simple yet different approach and i think it worked. Space was tight to do something like that in a Mk2 Beeza boot, 12 " subs mounted onto 10" boxes :blink::p.

PLUS... Costs are not as much as you would think, especially as labour costs are Nil. ;)

Had the Tweeter builts done up in Fiberglass by the Mrs's Bro, colour coded Amirillo Bengala to match the Mk2 Beeza.

We havent got £££ to spent on ICE, but this seems to have gone down well, Boot-Shot Photo in one of the Modded Car Mags with a cuddly monkey hanging from the POWER/EARTH Cables, classic!!! Mankie Munkie Power!!

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
would put a pic of mine up but i've blown the cones off both my jl's.. lol not a pretty site

bizzaboy

Is there anywhere you can buy direct a sub box that would fit to one side of the boot? I wouldn't mind an install but it's essential I have as much space as possible in my small boot.

What I've done in the past is stick 2 lengths of velcro to the underside of the Sub enclosure, then stick Two lengths IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the boot carpet directly. Then when you set your Sub down, the velcro will hold it in place PRETTY STRONG! And it will stay fixed, and wont start sliding around the boot.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Ok factcatman and eternal rage, 1. How do you still have windows in your cars? my slightly smaller build in my fiat used to pop the rear window out! 2. The mk4 has loads of interior rattles, does that not just pick up every little rattle?

Deleted member 13581

Im working on mine next week when im off.

Hope to have it all done on Sunday. Will post up with pictures when its done.

Poverty

Ok factcatman and eternal rage, 1. How do you still have windows in your cars? my slightly smaller build in my fiat used to pop the rear window out! 2. The mk4 has loads of interior rattles, does that not just pick up every little rattle?

Probably cause it was a fiat lol. Funny because its true. :lol::p

But I have been thiking the same lately, what are the chances of my window falling out when I go more powerful.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.