RS4 MAF Housing

Steve_m

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?! I've searched all over the net, rang GSF (who were as much use as a chocolate tea pot) and various forums but can't find them anywhere.

Where did the big turbo guys get your bigger maf housings from?

Cheers.

Steve_m

Awesome. I'd be grateful if you could dig it out.

Sorry, I should have said the previous generation, turbo'd RS4, not the current V8.

Just in case!

Cheers.

Jon@VAGWORX

We can supply you with 3" or 3.5 " billet maf housings, made so you can install your original maf probe into them. £98 inc delivery.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
We can supply you with 3" or 3.5 " billet maf housings, made so you can install your original maf probe into them. £98 inc delivery.
Any chance you could put a micrometer on the internal diameter of the housing so i can compare to my 210 lcr one. Also how much for a 4bar fpr.
Cheers

Steve_m

Hi Jon,

I got warned off the billet ones (or at least the one I flagged to the company doing myBT install) as they don't tend to have the flow straightners etc of the larger OEM ones, hence many MAF's popping awaits.

How is your's constructed?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
maf popping and flow straighteners = red herring imho

shoddy mounting more like so vibration kills, not turbulant airflow

caney

Apr 24, 2005
shoddy mounting more like so vibration kills, not turbulant airflow
completely agree! i killed 3 rs4 mafs in a year through a shoddy mounted ITG induction kit.Gone back to the oem airbox with green panel filter.

Jon@VAGWORX

Hi Jon,

I got warned off the billet ones (or at least the one I flagged to the company doing myBT install) as they don't tend to have the flow straightners etc of the larger OEM ones, hence many MAF's popping awaits.

How is your's constructed?

As bill has mentioned, maf's don't last long under vibration, or contaminated air filters.
I've done a lot of research personally on air straightening, due to a problem that we used to have when supercharging Vr6's and running the maf within pressurised flow. Baisically this research showed that stock air straigteners have soo little effect on the maf probe reading that it simply wasn't worth the restriction that they caused (which also wasn't huge). Annoying at the time, because the swirl the supercharger made couldn't be at all corrected by straightners.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.