What did replace my Valver?

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Well as some of you might already know I got turned to the dark side and decided that a motorbike is the only way forward for me. But being a poor student with a very tight funding and no bank of Mummy and Daddy, I couldn't afford the valver as well as a bike. This meant I had to sell my beloved valver and get a cheap run around car for the rainy days, and then a bike.

In the end I found this chav mobile. Its had a hard life, some boy racer owners and was quite neglected but because of a full MOT, recent waterpump,cambelt,clutch and full Clifford alarm I decided to go for it. The de-chavign has begun. Firs mod was actually removing a sticker saying "Fast As Fuk". Its a 1.4 FFS :cartman: Next I had to bring the bodywork up to scratch a little (still have a full detailing session to do). Clean up the wheels, repaired some rust patches, changed all the fluids and filters, removed neon switches and aftermarket fog lights and changed the interior to a Cupra GTI one.

So anyway, here is my crappy run around:

01.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

06.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

06.jpg

Any comments are more then welcome. Good ones or bad ones

Mig

Last edited:

KERMITCUPRA

Nov 22, 2006
READING
Looks good mate. The old Rolo cleans up really well. Noticed you didn`t take any photo`s of your chavy exhaust........:lol: Nice seats Mig were did you get them........:whistle:

Mckellar

Chrome angel eyes on a dark car - rock on ! :lol:

at least you have a fast bike to make up for that polo,which is rank compared to the ibiza previous to it.

The Gixer is a minted bike, my friend has an 07 plate on in Suzuki Racing Colours and is an awsome machine.

I'm looking into bikes at some point too, but parents are dead set against it - even though my Dad has owned approx. 35 bikes :ban:

Good luck mate.

Pedro

Czechboy - I spent a good few years on an SRAD 600, if you need any info on them just shout. Have you had the carb icing fun yet?!?

Currently on my 4th GSX-R, a K4 1000 - best bikes there are! great choice :D

Edit - did you do direct access or do you have to have the restrictors in? They come out oh so easily... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SofaGeeza

*I'M FEMALE!!!!*
Nov 4, 2007
Somerset
Liking the angel eyes and the interior.......but maybe thats because i've seen them somewhere before :whistle:
Really nice for a lil run around......dont want an even cheaper one do you.....its a *cough*saxo*cough* :rolleyes:

My bloke really likes the bike btw (bikes just go over my head *whoosh*) :D

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
The Polo needs dropping though
I know but believe it or not that front bumper is closer to the ground then my Ibiza one was when it was lowered -55mm. And because I fitted 20mm spacers to the polo it scraper in the rear arches already when I have people in the back :lol:

Noticed you didn`t take any photo`s of your chavy exhaust

Yeah I thought I'd spare everyone by not showing the rear of the car. Some people might be eating lunch at the moment

You're not doing bad for a poor student really! I couldn't afford both and i'm earning......jealous!!

Belive it or not I managed to buy BOTH the polo and the gixer just with the money I got from the Ibiza

Have you had the carb icing fun yet?!?

No carb icing just yet but the previous owner said if Id do get it then spray some TSP (can't actually remember what it was called???) into the carbs

Edit - did you do direct access or do you have to have the restrictors in? They come out oh so easily... ;)

Yeah, I've got the 4 washers in the carbs (I mean restrictor kit) in and they will be staying for at least next 8months because I don't trust myself on the full power just yet.

Keep the comments coming peeps :thumbup:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
its really nice, i like it! do you still get the beezer feel when driving it with the interior?

I do actually. Now that I've got the GTI seats (thanks to Kermitcupra), dash identical to Ibiza's and new Toyo tyres and spacers fitted its a very familiar and reassuring feel.

Mig

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Yeah, I've got the 4 washers in the carbs (I mean restrictor kit) in and they will be staying for at least next 8months because I don't trust myself on the full power just yet.

wise move, especially in the winter months, 600's these days are not to be underestimated!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
hi mate, get some pro boost and mix a small amount to your petrol when you fill your bike up. That helps it from freezing.

Pedro

Good idea if you are new to road riding, but a fiver says they don't stay in there for 8 months!

When you do take them out and are confident enough in your riding to start pushing on, fit a steering damper (if it doesn't have one already). They have pretty sharp geometery, and can slap like a good 'un.

I see it's got a race can, do you know if it's been jetted accordingly? Apart from regular servicing (peice of cake) and always warmed before a thrash these bikes are pretty much bullet proof. The only real weakness was the camchain tensioner, depending on what year yours is you may need to keep an ear out for this.

The handling is quite tyre sensitive as well, once you get going on it sample a few different brands to see what suits you best.

Once you do get up to speed then get on the track, if not on your bike then on something like a Ron Haslam day. You will be astounded at much further you can push a bike than you think you can, and will also benefit your road riding no end.

Safe riding!

(My old K1 track hack, indestructible! God I love GSX-R's :D )

trackgsxr.jpg

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Good idea if you are new to road riding, but a fiver says they don't stay in there for 8 months!

When you do take them out and are confident enough in your riding to start pushing on, fit a steering damper (if it doesn't have one already). They have pretty sharp geometery, and can slap like a good 'un.

I see it's got a race can, do you know if it's been jetted accordingly? Apart from regular servicing (peice of cake) and always warmed before a thrash these bikes are pretty much bullet proof. The only real weakness was the camchain tensioner, depending on what year yours is you may need to keep an ear out for this.

The handling is quite tyre sensitive as well, once you get going on it sample a few different brands to see what suits you best.

Once you do get up to speed then get on the track, if not on your bike then on something like a Ron Haslam day. You will be astounded at much further you can push a bike than you think you can, and will also benefit your road riding no end.

I've read about the pant soiling tank slappers so a steering damper might be on order when I start riding a bit harder. A trackday or IAM course are also on the cards but that would also mean new tyres and I can't afford that at the moment. The bike has had its carbs properly tuned because it wasn't running right and was only producing 84bhp. After the tuning session (costing the previous owner £180) its now back to 92bhp, which is what it should be really. The tyres installed at the moment are the Metzeler racetek tyres but I think they are too hardcore for me so we'll see what I get next.

p.s loving that photo.

Mig

Pedro

Mig,

They are great tyres, but as you say probably a bit hardcore for your requirements at the moment! They have quite a triangular profile, which is fine when you're pushing on, but for learning no use at all :(

When you tip the bike in to a corner at mild angles of lean, you'll be riding in between the "flats" of the this triangle, and it won't inspire you with confidence at all. Far better off on something with a rounder profile, a Pirelli Diablo (not the Corsa version) for example.

I never actually got around to fitting a dampner to my SRAD 600, but it really could have done with one. The hardest thing is to learn to power through a slapper and not shut off, easier said than done and takes some getting used to!

92 bhp sounds about right, although obviously those bloody washers will be screwing the fuelling up for a few months yet!

(Funnily enough in that pic I was on Metzler racetecs :) )

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.