My cupra isnt boosting

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
dont think you can try to source a replacement
exactly at what point did your car stop boosting before or after the 249 bypass? if after try putting all back to oem does it smoke bad when you put your foot down this is a tell tale sign that your lambda is fcukd remember there are 2 lambda`s pre cat and after cat the pre cat is the most probable one that fails its located on the downpipe from the manifold easy to get at as well

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Last edited:

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
the way i see it with the ibiza cupra engine is that it doesnt like being tampered with in any way at all ive had cupra`s for the last 6 yrs and its always the same old problems ive gone over to an e46 compact bmw now and cant fault it although the ibiza is a nice car but its full of problems

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Never heard of limp mode governing your revs before...Just limits your boost to 4-5Psi
All other logs ive seen before have been well over 120-130+g/s by 4krpm his is at 70 at a struggle.

Are you saying it's ****** after N249 bypass?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
no was already like this and we did the bypass to see if it will solve the problem...
my car will go the the rev limiter but it would take the full of the m6 to do it..

I 1st noticed it on the m-way at 70mph,It was slightly juddering but only i could feel it not my passenger and only when it just came back on to boost...

Then it got worse...When i floored it,it would boost fine then cut right out then u jerk forward then it would come back on then u off then some more rpm then same again..
Then it got really bad no boost all you can hear it spool up still but wont cut in at 2.5krpm like it used to..
Sometimes if i really rev **** out of it at 1st gear then go to 2nd gear it will come in boost till 3krpm then cut out and back to the way it was be4...

i have no dash light at all

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I dont think its a lambda personally. Your probably gettin the lambda fault due to the stuff maf not making the fuelling right.

Have you logged 118 to see if you have a boost leak as well?

Juddering? Coil pack?

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
Just to add, before we did the bypass i don't think it was in true 'OEM condition' - the vacuum hosing around the N249 & DV was a bit messed up, which was causing the DV to chatter. Post bypass the chatter was gone and DV was operating properly.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
So your sayin phil get a new maf and then clear the logs then see if the simptons are still there and the code comes back

ive ordered a new Cts.
And got enough for maf or Lambda so i need to know what to get or were to start at least..

But if my maf is showing 60g/s in 4th at 4krpm shouldnt be knackered?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Thats my view mate, if its showing around 70g/s at 4k then i would have thought that when the revs increase by any 3k the air flow would increse quite abit too. To be honest phil knows his stuff quite well, so there could be a clear explanation to why he thinks the maf is gone.

Also the fault code 'low signal' could explain it. rather than the open circut that i didnt pick up on earlier in the thread.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Thats my view mate, if its showing around 70g/s at 4k then i would have thought that when the revs increase by any 3k the air flow would increse quite abit too. To be honest phil knows his stuff quite well, so there could be a clear explanation to why he thinks the maf is gone.

Also the fault code 'low signal' could explain it. rather than the open circut that i didnt pick up on earlier in the thread.

i get what your sayin benny..

yeah adam would be worth a try..

Which maf on this page do i need

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=seat+maf

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right just been out for a drive in it...As it been sat for a week or so..

Anyway i went to the bottom of the street with the maf plugged in...Started fine,ran fine just with no boost at all but could still hear the turbo spooling..but no prober as u would if it is was running right..

Anyway stop got out and adjusted the hight off my hids to the correct level as they were pointing really high then while the car was idling i unplugged the maf the engine lowed Rpm idle then went back up as soon as i unplugged it..

Then went for a drive back up the street still the same..Till i entered 4th gear then boom boost came on hard till 1bar on the gauge and 2.5krpm then went straight off..

Then went to the top of the street and for the 1st time since its been playin up the car was nice as soon as i turned round lol
1st gear and 2nd gear was really good on boost and dv and spool was prober louds till about 2.5kprm then the boost cut out..
Seems to be cutting out at 2.5krpm then goes in to limp mode..but no dash light

So theres.
MAF?
N75?
Lambda(Defo needs changing)
CTS(Defo needs changing)

I seariously am missing that spooling sound as it really loud 1st time ive heard it since i fitted the tip