Boost gauge pod/holder idea!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Ric, do you know of someware that do a single pilar pod?

I realy like the white defi's with the red needle.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Damoegan said:
Hi rash.

What boost gauge did you get to go in the custom pod/holder that we are making??

Cant finde any that I like that are not realy expensive!

Just wondering what you've went for mate ;)

damegeon your a dohnut mailing me and you cant even receive p.m's :doh:

i havnt actually bought them yet but my car isnt here for anouther week or so as its at jbs getting fixed :doh: but when i get paid il be buying these puppies :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110199032263&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

they will fit with a nice 8mm gap at each end and gap between each guage :thumbup: job done ;) rics measurments ;)

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Must have a look at my PM setting :doh:

That's the boost gauge I fancy getting to mate :lol:

I'll post some pics up once I get it all sorted. Just need the gauge now, got the blanking plate and got the hole marked out just dont want to drill it out till I can measure the exact size of the gauge to make it a good tight fit.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
doesnt glow red, glows *super bright white* hope it dont look non oem or like a torch :( does look smart otherwise :thumbup:

why not go for three guages like me :D

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
TBCupraT - How hard were they to wire up? How good were the instructions that came with it?

Cant wait to get it fitted.

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
Well if your electrical savvy then it's a piece of piss.

I had to extend the power cables as they were way to short to connect from the headlight switch.

The instructions are very easy but it would help to have a multimeter to ensure your soldering into the correct wires in on the light switch loom.

I have to say that it's very responsive and I'm quite surprised how good it is for the cost.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Well if your electrical savvy then it's a piece of piss.

I had to extend the power cables as they were way to short to connect from the headlight switch.

The instructions are very easy but it would help to have a multimeter to ensure your soldering into the correct wires in on the light switch loom.

I have to say that it's very responsive and I'm quite surprised how good it is for the cost.

I've jus got home from work to finde my boost gauge there. Ripped the packet oppen took the gauge out and its damaged :cry: so its goe to go back.

I rely like the look of it though. Looks like a piese of pi*s to fit to

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
My sport has the additional oil temp and volt gauges. I was thinking of replacing the volt one with a boost gauge.......does anybody know if this has been done before? They're quite small though so I dont think it'll be an easy job.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yeah is possible would need top rip the dash apart and calv up the speedso pannel could easily be done just depends if you have the guts ;)