ProSport Boost Gauge

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
***** DONT BUY THIS GAUGE AS IT'S INNACURATE AND PROSPORT DON'T OFFER WARRANTY TO UK CUSTOMERS. GOOGLE "PROSPORT INACCURATE" TO REVEAL ALL*****

Well I have installed a new boost gauge and I think it looks alright.

Unfortunately I wanted to have two pillar pods but my hands free car kit is in the way.

I opted for a ProSport Premium series. It's an electronic gauge with a sender in the engine bay and the rest is wired into the Headlight switch.

It has some rather natty features such as peak boost function. Over boost warning and has daylight and night time feature.

It has quite a few features that you could find on a Defi without the price tag.

Here's a crappy mobile phone picture and a better video of it in action at night.
Not bad for £40 in my opinion.
IMAGE_003.jpg

Night Video

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
quite nice, does it have the save option, where it stores the chosen colour. i like the peak boost function.

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
Yes it does.

It has 4 power wires.

Permanent +12v, to retain memory functions.
Switched Ignition +12v, to switch the gauge on.
Headlamps on +12v, to enable amber mode.
Ground Earth. Well speaks for itself.

You can choose either amber or white combos depending how you wire it up.

The over boost warning flashes between White and Red during the day and Amber and Red at night.

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Nice one. I'm close to ordering, even though a pair of Auto Gauge Phantom gauges are in the post as we speak. Do you by chance have a little movie of the gauge in operation? I'm wondering what sort of response time it has.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
there not in action tho as ive tryed there :( just videos like yours starting up symphony and power out sequence :(

jhono

old boy racer
Jul 15, 2007
looks god mate. been thinking about 1 for a while and i think thats the best ive seen. have you got web add from where you got it.::p

jhono

old boy racer
Jul 15, 2007
cheers for that mate.just ordered one hopefully it will be here for crimbo.thiking about putting it in the air vent.i may order one from the stealer and experiment.:p:p:p

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
a guage and a map in 1 month nice work mate ^^ im buying the trio kit on monday when i have a bit of moolah in the piggy bank!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yea rash, new credit card came through the other day so I'm feeling a flush ;)

I'll post some pics of it when its in and I get back from work tomorrow.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members