anyone running an IHI???

caveo

with this kind of power am i going to be in scooby teritory seeing that an sti is only 260 bhp???

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i cant fully remember where i read it , but pretty sure it was on here somewhere. hence the question mark after words . maybe they said it was fully maxxed out with the ihi ? barnsley, can you tell ushow the car drives/pulls etc? ive strippedmine out and got plexi windows etc , ineed to lose weight for track days, and theres a few ihi ibizas in my area that are a lot lighter with the samepower :whistle:

just to mention mines an ihi vf 23... i think.. but the forge fmic struggled ... turbo had to run very hard to hit 300bhp. changed to a bigger cooler and 320bhp.... i think its the pipe work that strangled it. the bigger fmic is in one end and out the other. freer flowing.:D

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
Left an Evo 8 for dead on sunday in the pouring rain. Mind you that was from a 60 MPH start and straight road :funk:

What did yours make at the wheels at jkm??
Do LCR's Really weigh 1370kg? Thats more than my evo!

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
What did yours make at the wheels at jkm??
Do LCR's Really weigh 1370kg? Thats more than my evo!

At JKm they give flywheel figures. It only made 324 on the RR day. Back in June at Janspeed it made 316 at the wheels.

On both occasions standard cars made standard figures on the same day.

My understanding is that BHP (at the wheels!) and aerodynamics are the main factors for acceleration above motorway speeds. Weight is more of a factor for 0-60 though. Evo will have less power at the wheels due to 4WD differential losses.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
My 350bhp evo made 270atw at wrc tecnologies which is dyno dynamics. Janspeed is dynojet which are know to read high look at the awesomes site for other ihi seats. Yours will be making 275-280atw on dyno dynamics.Gearing also has a massive effect on acceleration etc.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
unfortunately we can't take your old car on a DD rollers now.But me and about 4/5 other ihi vf34 owners have and no-one has got over 340bhp. Also had a word with the guys at scoobyclinic and they told me the vf34 won't do more than 350bhp even on a forged 2.0 scooby with massive boost,the compressor is just too small.

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
My car was massivly different to most of the other IHI peps.The subaru should'nt be conpaired to the 1.8t,the 1.8t hasn't got 1 meter long manifold runners for start.They can make the power just not reliably 320 is the safe limit in my opinion thats what my polo's set at.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
Compressor is the limiting factor mate,manifold affects spool not overall power.My old s3 is still going strong 20k miles later that was at 1.55bar.
my s3 on jabbas rollers 362bhp,maha dyno 335bhp,dyno dynamics 338bhp.dynojet (utter waste of time) 278atw

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
nope,jabba first,then dynojet(same bhp as caneys) that then did 400+ on nos at power engineering(looked like slip on the graph),maha(18bhp more than wilko),dd. Car had 2k miles on max from the day it had ihi and was not driven that hard. I think we both know that they will not do more than 350 even with ported largeport head,agu cams etc.
I offer anyone with a vf34 on standard 1.8t if it does more than 305ATW (350bhp flywheel) then i will pay for there dyno run on DD when i go down next week.

yes i am a dyno freak!

Last edited: