anyone know what jabbas new turbo setup it please

Jun 1, 2007
anyone know what jabbas new turbo setup is please

do anyone know what jabbas new turbo setup is was told its around 450bhp

Last edited:

caney

Apr 24, 2005
probably td06 20g....yawn
nope,it's one they're working on with owen developments.although if you go on their site you can buy it direct from them;)btw i gave up asking jabba about this turbo over 9 months ago:think:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
still??? testing? or just getting round to it...

Leon racecar running one all last year... in combve saloons. Owens direct

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
oh right they must have given up with the 20g,whats all this testing crap all about?I think this is just a garratt cartridge shoehorned into a ihi housing?

Last edited:

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
They must have there A3 maped then,I haven't spoken to them in a while although there is a few variants of the turbos.
They are a garret with a custom ehaust housing(very well made) I have one on my Audi

mat20vt

the turbo is listed on owens webiste, garret based
supposedly made 400bhp on 1800 engine

caney

Apr 24, 2005
It's not being sold to the public untill being completly tested I belive(some time of yet)
spoke to Owens yesterday and jabba approached them about doing a hybrid turbo ages ago but nothing was finalised.The guy with the 4wd corrado has got one fitted and he's running 550bhp with a sprinkle of nos.It seems roughly the same output/spec as Bills.

Jun 1, 2007
They must have there A3 maped then,I haven't spoken to them in a while although there is a few variants of the turbos.
They are a garret with a custom ehaust housing(very well made) I have one on my Audi

got to be mapped was asked if i wanted to do a test drive in it

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

you still got your audi Dan?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
spoke to Owens yesterday and jabba approached them about doing a hybrid turbo ages ago but nothing was finalised.The guy with the 4wd corrado has got one fitted and he's running 550bhp with a sprinkle of nos.It seems roughly the same output/spec as Bills.

The Corrado mentioned is using a tubular manifold so I doubt the Jabba one will flow as well. On the Leon racecar in the Combe Saloons, which runs the biggest Owen IHI/Garrett hybrid version on his Jabba exhaust manifold, on std 1781cc on largeport, it made 440bhp @ Owens from 2bar boost.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

FP Red is cheaper, as is Green, as is SuperZilla from Deadbolt...
seeing yours is topmount your options are wider.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
buy a fp green/red off bill caney, as bill has proved the max this hybrid(largest) can run is a real 440bhp. Wonder what jabba are saying it can do?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
whether or not its a comparison as the car being sited as 550bhp does'nt run the cast jabba manifold setup, but a home grown tubular manifold, which is likely to be significantly higher flowing than the convergant jabba cast mani (which was never designed for such high flow rates)

The 2bar ran on the leon race car from the owen hybrid on stock 1781cc motor (largeport) was with jabba exhaust mani. Previously he ran PE1820 like mine.

I suspect manifold is a contributor to higher power from higher less lossy flow.

The FP series and $$ make them significantly cheaper.
Owens one is very nice unit, and will require some removal of cylinder head to fit on Jabba manifold. Top mount and no worries, but then again FP series also fit nice on top.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/...en=CTGY&Store_Code=FP&Category_Code=WRX-Turbo

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I don't believe for one minute that the hybrid can do 550 manifold or not.I believe owens figures though and they sound right,a proper gt35 with all the bells and whistles kicks out 550bhp at 2+ bar of boost.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise