Cambelt and 120k service quote

samwilko

I had a quote of £593 today to do the cambelt, water pump and tensioner and 120k service on our LC today. From an independent but reputable garage. Does this seem like a reasonable price? I guessed at £600 for main dealer to be honest.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I think thats very expensive, i could get this all done for aprox 200 to 280 at my local garage. You might as well get it done from seat if you paying that much

samwilko

Cornwall mate, only just over the border past Plymouth. Difficult to know who to take it to. My work van always has to go to Renault main dealer for work and they are beyond terrible. Never used a main dealer before and from my experience from them would never want to again. Its hard to find somewhere who you know will treat your car as you would yourself. I would much rather use a local garage with excellent reputation than main dealer just because they have Seat above the door.

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
Have you actually got a quote from the main dealer at all? Just give them a call to ask, what can happen?

I often think main dealers are slagged off too much personally, my local main dealer has been servicing my Leon Cupra for the last 3 years, first 2 lots of 12 month serving was £150, they fixed my heated seat for £250 (exceptional value, they spent 5 hours on the car that day) and my most recent 40K service was just over £200.

I admit your mileage is much higher, but mine needs its first cambelt to be changed its the same job after all really, they quoted me £290 all in, VAT, tensioners, water pump the lot. I think thats a fair price, I will be booking it in today.

Deleted member 7729

My next service will be circa 78k (80K) service so moving up with the milage. I'll be getting a new clutch at this point. With 120k on the clock have you had much replaced so far?

samwilko

We ve only had the car a week mate. It was owned by capital bank plc before us, Reps car I think hence the miles. Its got full main dealer history but doesn t look like its had anything major replaced. Only general stuff like cam belt at 60k, tyres, brakes etc etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.