Remap in South Wales

JOsh_

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good tuner within the Cardiff area who they could recommend. I know there are no major tuners in this area just wondering if there is any other option rather than travelling.

I have had a search but have only come up with tuners over 100 miles away from me.

Thanks,
Josh

JOsh_

I know about westec just dont really want revo.

Have been told of a local mobile tuner who offers fully custom remaps called JJ Electronics might give him a go as he has been recommended by a few people now.

Mar 8, 2007
Only one I've heard of is Angel Tuning through Longlife.

And yeah westec do revo.

But no offence to anyone who has but I wouldnt touch these companies with a barge pole - the maps are just sent to the retailer and "loaded on" by somebody who doesnt really do the maps themselves.

I would recomending driving to Wolverhampton and having a Ptorque remap.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I would drive to Badger Bill in Gloucester, a short drive for you. He's an active member on the forum, a site sponsor and a uses a number different manufacturers of code to chose from. He'd be my choice.;)

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
As far as I know Westec is no longer in business...

There are a few other options... as mentioned Badger5 in Gloucester who does Revo & Custom Code - Bill did C-C phase 2 for me :D

Another option would be APR at Performance Driven in Taunton.

Not exactly on your door step, but it's nice to have bit of a drive home after to appreciate the difference! :D

*EDIT* Just noticed this thread is almost a year old! lol

T. Spark

Id go one better and ring up Custom-Code UK who come to you (mobile fitter service for free I believe) and get one of the best regarded maps on here.

Nevermind one of the fastest maps (not peak bhp show offs!)

I only know of 4 PD130 cars to hit sub 15 seconds 1/4 ti mes and they were all running Custom-Code :D

P.S Think they have a 30% discount on it atm aswell.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Old post i know but some recent questions so: JJ Electronics Pencoed he's mobile and very well respected. Knows his maps. Lots of guys in South Wales using him. Yes Westec have gone as Jonny said but Germaina Car Sales are doing Revo so i believe.

phpgear

Vtec addict
Aug 11, 2007
wolves
www.phpgear.net
I bought my old Type-R from south Wales last year and the drive back to Wolverhampton was great! So on that note give P-Torque a try, you will want to be driving it for a while after you get it mapped anyway :happy:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i have the ARL 150 diesel , yes need a new clutch, apparently mines been chipped already the 185bhp

soon as i get a new clutch (undesided on what one / where to go i will want a remap done , will get an exhaust first too

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.