Rain repellent glass

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
I have used rain x for 15 years. You need to keep up to its application during the winter months-dont forget to wipe the wiper blades with a cloth covered in the stuff too!
The only time rain x falls down imo, is in the summer when flies tend to embed themselves in the rain x coating!
I will try the halfords stuff in the summer but for now rain x is the dogs over winter.

One little tip if your windscreen is partially iced and you have rain x applied-do not use the wipers until the heater is up to temp or you have scraped your screen-it just smeers the frozen water everwhere. Also try the rain x screen wash additive, this is claimed to 'top up' the layer on your screen but I am not sure if it is just a state of mind tbh!

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Unless you drive on the motorway every day then don't bother. It is brilliant at those speeds as the air movement forces the water off the screen - I've been in full on rain storms, two speed wiper jobs and not even had to have the wipers on.

However when the speeds are low and not enough to drive the rain off through air movement, it's no good at all. The water beads seem to hold on the screen as they are not big enough to move otherwise, and wipers simply move them around, not remove them. I actually had to take Ombrello off with weak acid (from the manufacturer) as it was dangerous - below 35 in the rain I simply couldn't see.

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
The gains to me, are 100 times better than the losses. My LCR lost its wipers whilst I was on the M4 in torrential rain. If I had not been using rain x, then I would have been stranded on the motorway. As it was, rain x allowed me to carry on without the use of my wipers.. Do not let anyone that has not used the product say any different.
All I can say is from my own experiences that that rain x does the do. Yes, below certain speeds rain x is crap, but it is better to have rain x on your screen at lower speeds than nothing at all.
Rain x does provide a membrane of clarity that no other product can supply..
I am not a sales man--just a user of a product that works!!

s3atl3onFR

Jul 14, 2007
It does work... just make sure you apply it correctly. Driving without wipers is definitely possible at speeds... especially when freshly applied...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise