remap 110 against octavia vrs

brad1

hi all
tonight my mate bought his mate out who has a 03 plate octavia vrs, but its runnig 247 bhp, i didnt believe as i only thought they could go to around 220bhp with remap, but it had a ecu from a ex police one
my 110 is running 147bhp and 285lb ft. well we went along the the linkroad cruising at 30pmh then he put his foot down, i thought he was going to leave me,but i started in second when i put my foot down and hit 3rd and still he hadnt pulled away, it was only when i was just halfway through 4th he slowly edged away, not bad i thought to myself, he gave my derv some respect
thinking about it if its like that the standard octavia vrs 180 should be no problem???

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
First thing i will say that if he is running 247 then he will beat you quite convincingly even if he is a crap driver. Secondly your figures are very optimistic to put it kindly...

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
I was thinking that too JonJay.....

I reckon my remapped 110TDI was pushing 140+ bhp but more like 230lbs.ft torque. In fact, I requested a little lower boost at low rpm to avoid the flywheel oscillation that troubles the 110TDI when you get over 230 torquey units, so mine was probably only peaking at 215-220 odd lbs.ft.

At what rpm do you reckon you're making 285lbs.ft Brad? (285 Nm I could believe incidentally, ~ approx 210lbs.ft)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
vrs on standard turbo is very optimistically running 247 bhp,any idea on its torque?
mine runs 222 bhp and 257 lbt ft .to me this seems realistsic.
if it is ex plod car then it will probably running custom code.no idea what sort of figures they produce,or indeed what the police wanted.
either way a chipped vrs V chipped leon of similar weight is going to need a shed load more to make you look silly and leave you for dead.ok he "has" 100 bhp more ,but i bet he has less torque than your derv

strugers1

well said weejase as i went to jabba sport with brad they said they could not achieve the correct bhp figures so they maxed out the torque at just under 400NM which is around 285ft lbs torque!!
brad currently lost his print out but is awaiting arrival for his new one!!
i had this debate on another thread about racing a ctr and a standard lcr and a can beat a standard lcr 225 to around 100mph!!
noone believes it!!
oh yeah but i forgot no one can drive thats why i must be beating them!!

strugers1

oh and i could have achieved more torque than 320ft lbs but i was on a standard clutch so they had to limit it!!its a lot easier to achieve torque figures than bhp!!
so jabba sport told me

brad1

i just phoned jabba, and they are emailing a dyno graph to me within the next hour as lunch break, and they are sending one through the post!!!

brad1

here you go people
GN51BWE.jpg

red line standard
blue remapped

Last edited by a moderator:

brad1

is 400 nm and change it to lb ft it is around 285 lb ft graph proves it

brad1

just used a nm to lb ft calcultor and calculated my lb ft to be 294.99lb ft torque
so actually i got more than 285lb ft

so my actual car is running
147 bhp
and 294.99 lb ft torque
very impressive as you can see!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
lol...Serious now. Those figures are deadly wrong because if thats the case then all of us 150PD users are getting conned.

Your clutch cannot take 285lb-ft of torque as it is weaker than the 150PD clutch. If it is taking it then its going to die soon. If you read countless threads you will see that your figures are very inflated hence dyno lottery.

Here is my graph, my car is not remapped has 168 bhp and 257lb-ft of torque....during that run Unclefesters and Slicks has 300lb-ft of torque all with bigger turbo's, bigger fmic's, injectors....

Rolling Road 2 - Exhaust, Panel Filter, No Remap

Last edited:

strugers1

what you see is proof from a reputable tunnig company jabba!!!, jabba said all the tdi leon clutches can take 300lb ft, hence why when i had my car remapped a month later my clutch glazed to the point i could only just drive it!! and i have 320ft lbs of torque!!you have no remap hence why you have low torque, the proof is in the pudding, whether you like it or not!!!

strugers1

also i guess the jabba fabia's stats are all wrong it not 240 bhp with 401ft lbs torque must be dyno lottery a!!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
its a lot easier to achieve torque figures than bhp!!
so jabba sport told me

Thats because they like to max out the injectors before the boost has properly ( which basically gives a crap air/fuel ratio therefore a smokey car ) which gives a big torque spike low down in the rev range. When the boost does start to rise the excess diesel will soon burns off and the torque drops very quickly. At 3.5 k rpm you are only producing 50nm ( certain companies like to show there graphs in NM as it makes the figures sound even higher ) or 36lb torque more then a stock car. If people would stop looking at peak figures which are meaningless if they are made by a quick spike and concentrated more on how the bhp and torque graph looked companies would be made to map cars better. A car with the highest bhp and torque figure is not necessarily the fastest in a straight line or from point to point.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Strugers, i am not sure what makes you think I am referring to you in my post because I am not. Yes 130PDs can achieve that because you got different injectors, turbo, fmic to the 110. Furthermore his engine isnt even a PD where as yours is.

Revo stage one quotes 220lbft of torque for a 110.
Upsolute quote: 214 ft/lb
AMD Technik quote: 205lb-ft

Want me to go on? Those figures are a pipe dream and Strugers if his figures are inflated then i am sure yours are too...I am not trying to slate or descredit either of you. Only way you can quote power figures is if you take an average from different rollers.

Stuart got 135bhp on his second run instead of 147bhp...his torque fell in line with the figures i quotes above and he has same 110tdi.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members