how to get more power out my 110 tdi

brad1

hi all
as you all know i have a leon tdi 110 and had loads of problems with, but all now sorted and plus car going in for repair soon due to other persons fault in an accident, only bumper and bonnet damage and getting a cupra r bumper, yeahhhhh

im just wondering at the moment my car is 147bhp and 285lb ft with a jabba remap, is there anything else i can do to it to get it nearer the 170bhp - 180 bhp, i dont really wanna change the turbo but if i need to is there any that will fit this
cheers

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
That is the probably the starting point of going for more power. You are probaly close to the limit of what your turbo can produce boost wise, so a bigger turbo with more fuel is the way forward.
Glynn

brad1

how much do you think for a new turbo etc? and waht power am i looking at?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Easier to sell your car and buy a 150 pd leon that to try and extract more performance from what you have! Thats just my opinion though.
About £800 for a larger turbo then you can get somewhere around the figure you want. I would have thought its probably going to cost a small fortune from here on.
Glynn

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
You sure the torque is 285lb-ft and not NM?
Mines only just pushing 302lb-ft and thats with 50+ more bhp than you have!

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
pd150 turbo and inlet with new injectors will get where you want to.

I was going to do it with mine, but then sold up and got a bmw 330d. Now back, and hoping to get a cupra tdi in next few days

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You sure the torque is 285lb-ft and not NM?
Mines only just pushing 302lb-ft and thats with 50+ more bhp than you have!
I already told him his figures are wrong.

Mines pushing 263lb-ft of torque and 170bhp so his figures dont match up at all.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think his max would be 175bhp, new turbo, inlet, injectors and a custom remap
If he got a new turbo...then it will be how deep his pockets are to purchase injectors, fmic, piping, custom remap, exhaust and so forth. Simply isnt worth it. Also he would almost certainly have to upgrade brakes and wheels to handle all that power...and his suspension...i'd say he is at the limit already.

Might aswell sell the car and buy a 150PD.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
If he got a new turbo...then it will be how deep his pockets are to purchase injectors, fmic, piping, custom remap, exhaust and so forth. Simply isnt worth it. Also he would almost certainly have to upgrade brakes and wheels to handle all that power...and his suspension...i'd say he is at the limit already.

Might aswell sell the car and buy a 150PD.

^
What he said ;)

strugers1

where did you get yours remapped mate???cos i had more torque standard!!and 132 bhp??jabba are ace

brad1

should look at my other thread, i think im going to upset loads of people
dyno graph to prove it mate

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
I can't view certain images at work due to firewall :( ~ will have a look when I get home :)

So what rpm is your whopping peak torque figure at then?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
A dyno graph dosen't really prove much at all!

But as has been said better off upgrading the whole car rather than trying to get more out of a 110.