remap 110 against octavia vrs

strugers1

with all due respect i know no where near as much as you!!i agree with what you said but... brad was talking about his top figures, which noone belived there for put a print out up!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thats because they like to max out the injectors before the boost has properly ( which basically gives a crap air/fuel ratio therefore a smokey car ) which gives a big torque spike low down in the rev range. When the boost does start to rise the excess diesel will soon burns off and the torque drops very quickly. At 3.5 k rpm you are only producing 50nm ( certain companies like to show there graphs in NM as it makes the figures sound even higher ) or 36lb torque more then a stock car. If people would stop looking at peak figures which are meaningless if they are made by a quick spike and concentrated more on how the bhp and torque graph looked companies would be made to map cars better. A car with the highest bhp and torque figure is not necessarily the fastest in a straight line or from point to point.
The man has spoken.

strugers1

sorry jon jay i am with brad lol and he is using my user area!! but i was just saying my map has given more torque than 150pds remapped so they do vary!!

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Can't comment 'til I see the graphs (blimmin company firewall.... )

AFAIK the Leon 5-speed box is rated at 214lbs.ft, and the 6-speed box (used in the PD engined cars) is 300lbs.ft. Factor in approx 20% designed safety margin takes you to a sensible safe limit of 260 lbs.ft for the 5-speed box before you start threatening to blow it up.

I'm struggling to believe a 70% increase in peak torque over std via just a remap, but I'll wait 'til I can view the bl00dy graphs.... :)

brad1

mik, i hope you understand where i am coming from with my graph, i suppose its just dyno lottery at te end of the day, maybe you will believe me later when you can see, i converted my stuff from my graph and it worked out to 294.99ft lb, as people say about the clutch, jabba said i will definately need one, they said not a case of if, its a case of when so i will just wait, the best way to see is me have a go against any other 110tdi leon.
i put my stats up, people didnt like, and they said show proof, i did and they still dont like, no point arguing over something i have proof with
see my graph later mate

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
also i guess the jabba fabia's stats are all wrong it not 240 bhp with 401ft lbs torque must be dyno lottery a!!

Never believe a single dyno run/printout. You need to have the car on several different makes of dyno to get an ESTIMATE of the usual daily power figures. Never EVER believe power figures of a car from ANY tuning company that owns, tuned and dyno`d them self if they don`t get it put on independent rolling roads or take it to club RR days and put on an independant RR with other cars. This is not an attack on Jabba`s car as they might have done this but a statement in general.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Brad i don't think you understand the reason why I am arguing against it. Its not that i don't believe that you achieved the results on the Jabba's rollers it just they are very overzealous with the figures it has printed out...we are not talking 10% out we are talking double that if not more.

Like i said, take your car to three different rollers and you will get a trend, then quote those figures.

EDIT: Mike wrote similar thing to what I have. I have run mine through two different dyno's both quoting very similar figures...i am going to go on my 3rd soon then I will say I have X amount as a fact.

brad1

i see where you are coming from mate, but from all in all a 247 bhp octavia struggled to pull, plus last night coming home a 220bhp astra coupe joined the link road behind me as i was going round it and he put his foot down and so did i, he couldnt pull on me and i couldnt pull away from him, the link road was about a mile long, and he couldnt believe mine was a diesel and i stayed a just over 1 car length infront the whole way along , i just love it when i can give the 200bhp + cars a run

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
Never believe a single dyno run/printout. You need to have the car on several different makes of dyno to get an ESTIMATE of the usual daily power figures. Never EVER believe power figures of a car from ANY tuning company that owns, tuned and dyno`d them self if they don`t get it put on independent rolling roads or take it to club RR days and put on an Dependant RR with other cars. This is not an attack on Jabba`s car as they might have done this but a statement in general.

agreed!

i got mine RR by the tuning company that did the remap and there rollers gave me 147+ bhp

went elsewhere and it gave me a more beliveable 134bhp

im going to jkm for the scn rolling road in march so will see what i get there as well.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Now I can see the graph! :D

Well the scale ties in with your statements etc, but.... that is one spikey torque curve :blink:

Peak torque of 400Nm at approx 2300 rpm, yet it's dropped to 350Nm barely 300rpm later. These are obviously corrected traces, and it's a shame you can't see the precorrection lines ~ Jabba are a respectable outlet, but it almost looks like someone has inadvertantly brushed the brake pedal at approx 2500rpm during the run-down leading to a rather over-inflated post-correction trace in the 2000-2400rpm zone.... :confused:

Interestingly, your car was producing approx 200lbs.ft peak torque before it was remapped.

For what it's worth - I've had the opposite experience from your own. I used to love surprising TT225's etc with a sudden loud-pedal-stomp when I had my Leon. I wasn't under the impression that my 140bhp car was suddenly defying the laws of physics and "beating" a 225bhp car however.

A car with 200bhp has exactly double the peak acceleration potential of an identical car with only 100bhp. The shape of the torque peak obviously matters too, but the fact remains that the 200bhp car has twice the potential of a 100bhp car. A TDI with 100bhp would probably beat a petrol car with 100bhp due to the torque curve advantage of the oild burner. But it shouldn't beat a 120 bhp petrol car. Do please read THIS SEATCUPRA.NET GUIDE to better understand.

This fact was brought home to me during a quick blast with a colleague whose driving ability I respected. He had an MG ZS180. They are reputedly putting out a little less than book ~ approx 170bhp, so he had "only" 30bhp more than my Leon. On a few twists and turns he couldn't catch me ~ every time I squirted the throttle between bends I stole some ground. Which he caught up in the corners ~ those ZS180's really grip.

When we approached a motoroway slip road however it was a different story... I accelerated hard all the way through second, then 3rd and most of the way through 4th too. He was doing the same - using full throttle and all suitable revs in each gear. He didn't maul me, but he quite easily pulled past me and drew away. Didn't have a chance of catching him.... and his v6 sounded rather superb whilst he did it :D

If you're keeping up with a car which has a vastly higher power to weight ration than yours, the driver isn't using his cars full potential. Fact. Doesn't mean that he's necessarily aware of this however. :rolleyes:

My Leon would keep my Scoob honest at certain speeds. If I use the Scoob's full rev range however, the Leon wouldn't stand a chance. Not even close. They have similar peak torque outputs, but the scoob has a 90bhp advantage.

Similarly our RX8 can be hugely embaressed by the scoob. With a fat mid-range, it's easy to catch the RX8 sleeping in the wrong gear. If you're poised however and have the Rex in the right ratio.... it's easily a match. Maybe even a smidgeypoo faster.

Performance TDIs are hugely satisfying, but they can't defy physics. :)

brad1

i kinda understand where you are coming from mate, but still the 220bhp coupe driver said to me, i didnt believe that was a diesel, he also said he was pushing the astra to the max, but as people say, if its yours and your happy with it, thats the main thing

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Yup - the Cupra225 driver I was following at a meet one time said the same to me after a run when I was stuck to his back bumper during an overtake.

Truth is I anticipated the traffic slightly better and got a slight run on him, and it was a blast past where he prob accelerated to only 5.5krpm in 3rd, then backed off, so he didn't leave me standing.

He really couldn't believe it was a remapped 110. :)

brad1

the thing i love is like i have a leon se 110 and for example bottom model, and when remapped can give 200+ bhp petrol a go
its wicked, i know i am rolling when giving most things a go, which gives the upper hand but still is a buzz

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Just read this whole thread... a 110 TDI running almost 300 lb/ft :think:

Your clutch and turbo would probably have gone pop by now :lol:

My 130TDI (Ibiza) is running 170 bhp ish and 300 lb/ft

The bhp seems about right but I just can't work out why the torque is so god damn high!

Surely the car can't handle it and it gets clutch slip?

Agree with the comments on the graphs, you need a good few runs on different dyno's to get an average.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
the thing i love is like i have a leon se 110 and for example bottom model, and when remapped can give 200+ bhp petrol a go
its wicked, i know i am rolling when giving most things a go, which gives the upper hand but still is a buzz

Nothing wrong with that - but you should recognise that if you beat them it's a combination of a capable car and a better technique.... and you should therefore be chuffed with yourself as well as your car.

Just don't believe your own hype :D (and FFS remove that number from your signature.... it ain't true brother :rolleyes: )

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Havent Jabba just spiked your torque so much that it ****s your clutch and so you have to go back spend more money and get an uprated one from them!

get your car on another RR or even down the 1/4 mile, then it will give you a better idea of how good your car/you are...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise