W Livingstone Ltd - Uddingston, Glasgow.

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
Thought I would give these guys a mention....

Their service is second to none !!

Ordered a part last night...got it this morning !....

The Partsman new the part straight away by part number ! [B)]

Went to pick it up (turbo to downpipe gasket)...spoke to the Foreman - had it fitted within the hour ! :D

Have known the manager Robin for some time, (always keeps me up to date with Seat releases & open days...(I havn't even bought a car from him yet !!!).
at the time of my visit he (yes the Manager!), was out back cleaning an Altea for delivery..he wasn't happy with a little bit of dust lying on it !!!

NOW THAT's SERVICE !! :funk:

Cannot recommend these guys enough....completely trustworthy...

A trait sadly lacking in todays car sale environment...trust me I know ! [:@]

So...in conclusion ....keep up the good work guys....it's really appreciated ! :)

Last edited:

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
sounds good , iwent in there for aprice for oil this week and was told £15 quid and he says that was the oil they used to service an lcr what do think? maybe see u at the meet on tuesday night.also much for a service

Last edited:

coopra R

Feb 6, 2005
Glasgow
s195.photobucket.com
The maintenance staff have been there for some time mate.....trust me....they know what their talking about !:yes:

15 squids sounds ok....if in doubt ask them....it's probably fully synthetic..

A Must for the LCR IMO !

Service costs are on a par with other Seat Dealerships....but I don't mind paying for people I can trust & peace of mind !

Trust me....I'm one of the fussiest B*****ds you'll meet !

Yea....maybe nip along on Tuesday !

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I can't speak highly enough of them. :) They actually bother about you after you drive off the forecourt and you're not just another numbers in their sales charts like you are with Arnold Clark.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I agree W Livingston Are decent! Thats where my pride and joy goes for servicing, BUT, I have to state i want fully synthetic oil for the service, costs about an extra 10er but the were wanting to put semi synthetic in it!

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Livingstones are alright. Certainly beats AC by a round the world trip. Sandy can be a bit of a stickler with mods though and I had a problem with my steering control module which he didnt pick up. He said there was nothing wrong with my steering. I said there was. Took it to Bickets who changed the module and Bobs your uncle. Overall though, I can't say Bickets service dept is top notch either. Would recommend both companies. Just avoid you know who. Bickets give better sales deals though.

DodgyDave

May 15, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
BCM - just get your own oil and take it with you (leave it in the boot), they will use it no probs. Also the will take off the price the cost of the normal oil.

Done that the last few times i've had a service there, just remember to say to them when you book it & it'll get put onto the work sheet :)

In fact i'll have to book my car in for it's MOT in the next few weeks - will go back to Livingstone's for this as well probably.

Dave

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Just had my 9 month old Leon FR TDi 170 serviced here

10k miles annual inspection service £105 - took 45 mins and I got a free coffee!

Very pleased - this is how things should be, no mucking about

Pity, when I bought the car Livingstones lost my business to Arnold Clark for the sake of a few quid because the salesman (who no longer works there) wouldn't budge on his price!

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Sounds like that may have been Alex who has retired.

The problem with the independent garages is they struggle against the might of the Arnold Clarks of the world who buy en masse from manufacturers and therefore get hefty discounts which in turn they can pass on to customers

I know we could have bought our cars cheaper from elsewhere but if by paying extra it means it help keeps Livingstones going, then we don't mind as we can't fault them, they're just superb.

Too many independent garages are disappearing these days from our streets of all car makes and often bought over by Arnold Clark, which is all good and well but the aftersales service is pants. Many people will testify to this...including myself.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I agree. I'd rather pay the extra, because you know they'll go out of their way to help you, even after they've sold the car to you. Arnold Clark wash their hands of you at that point. Down there at Uddingston tomorrow for my 30k service actually.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
They just go the extra mile and have done for us a few times.

My Dad died in February of this year (two days before we were due to pick up our new 07 Leon FR and Ibiza Sport). Livingstones were fab as our plans changed at the last minute.

What I can never thank them enough for is that they agreed to sell Dad's car for us. Dad's car was a Civic, he didn't even know the guys at Livingstones. They agreed to take the car on to save the family the distress of selling it. They gave us a huge cheque at a fantastic price and that was that, all the paperwork done etc. in a day or so (they let me take the paperwork to my Mum to save her getting upset). They fancied trying to sell the car themselves but also had a Honda dealer ready to take it. In the end Livingstones sold it which was fantastic for them.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
That was really kind of them. :)

Had the usual service today from them. Free coffee and I could wait on the car being done. :D Also had a chat with David the salesman who sold me the car last year, asking how I'm getting on with it etc. Never had any of the chancers at Arnold Clark do that with me whenever I went to them with my Clio and my old Ibiza.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Have to say i was super impressed with the service there as well, after being in Arnold Clarke, and a few other dealers you can just see the difference a family run business has, Friendly staff, not trying to push the first car you see at you, and being able to help and advise you without ever forcing you to buy something you aren't happy with.

Even after the first time i was going to buy from them, when i failed my driving test, David kept my number and called me the second time, and when he didn't have in stock what i was after, he kept looking around and gave me a call as soon as one came in stock.

Can't say a single thing bad about them, off back through this weekend, as need to get some mudflaps me thinks.

Mister_E

Jun 12, 2006
I bought my car from them in June 06 and they were really great to deal with, given I was coming from London to buy/collect it! Had follow up call to make sure I was happy with the car (I was!).

I did ask them to go over the car for dents and scratches before I went there and they did say that I'd get my deposit back if I wasn't happy with it - the other dealers wouldn't sniff at that idea! They had one of those dent devil people repair a small dimple dent that hadn't broken the paint, did a top job too given it was near the edge of the rear door panel!.

Overall, would definately buy from them again!

gaRy cupra

I put my cupra R in there for a new tailgait lock and then less than an hour later found 1 of the mechanics driving it in bellshill:wtf: followed him back confronted him and he made up some excuse about hearing a noise and thought he would try and find out what it was for me ...... just a nice guy I dont think so . A drop link loose was what he said so when I got home checked all suspension parts on both sides and guess what no nut or bolt had been touched . So beware when leaving your beloved car there I would say.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
I put my cupra R in there for a new tailgait lock and then less than an hour later found 1 of the mechanics driving it in bellshill:wtf: followed him back confronted him and he made up some excuse about hearing a noise and thought he would try and find out what it was for me ...... just a nice guy I dont think so . A drop link loose was what he said so when I got home checked all suspension parts on both sides and guess what no nut or bolt had been touched . So beware when leaving your beloved car there I would say.

Surely if you had problems you would bring it up with the service manager / owner and they'd be able to sort it out though?

gaRy cupra

did exactly that my friend and was told that the mechanic said there was a noise so he investigated it and I mentioned the car had not been worked on so was told that something would be done but only a few weeks later I was in picking up my friends car and the mechanic in question had been promoted dont think he`s on the tools anymore .What I wonder is if they would have mentioned anything about it had I not caught him driving it. i`m sure loads of people have good experiences with them but this really got to me so I cant recommend them personally. I always take the car to bickets now which is where I got it from.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.