LED Interior Bulbs

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
Have searched to see if there is anyone who has changed the interior bulbs on their Mk1 Leon, not talking about the W8 unit but if the bulbs themselves have been changed to either LED ones or anything more 'whiter' than the standard yellow looking ones.

A search brought up the rear interior ones but after reading that they seem rather difficult to change!!

If so what sort, any pics? I have found some on ebay sold as a pack of 10 W5W LEDs. These can fit the interior lights (reading lights, driver and passenger) numberplate lights and front side lights.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Have searched to see if there is anyone who has changed the interior bulbs on their Mk1 Leon, not talking about the W8 unit but if the bulbs themselves have been changed to either LED ones or anything more 'whiter' than the standard yellow looking ones.

A search brought up the rear interior ones but after reading that they seem rather difficult to change!!

If so what sort, any pics? I have found some on ebay sold as a pack of 10 W5W LEDs. These can fit the interior lights (reading lights, driver and passenger) numberplate lights and front side lights.
I am currently in process with 4 others doing a full LED interior conversion. You will need 42mm Festoon LEDS, 36/39mm Festoon LEDs and Wedge 501s.

They are not difficult to change, check your car manual :)

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
Cheers fella,

Yeah, I have checked out how to remove them all sorted there. The only other thought I have had is that the current ones 'fade' away when locking/unlocking the car or opening the doors. I guess will just turn off?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers fella,

Yeah, I have checked out how to remove them all sorted there. The only other thought I have had is that the current ones 'fade' away when locking/unlocking the car or opening the doors. I guess will just turn off?
Should still fade away as it works on voltage i think BUT i am not 100% sure as i havent done mine yet. Unclefester or Stuart can tell you...also daveyonthemove.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
so how many of each size bulb is needed jonjay?
When i have finished the conversion i will let you know mate. I am buying LED bulbs for four leons costing £260 so i will have exact numbers for everyone shortly. I will also be in negotiation with UltraLEDs after the conversion to do a SCN pack for Leons!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Quality festoon bulbs costs £4 a go.... and when you are buying for 4 cars it adds up. It will end up being around £60 quid each.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.