Door Card Removal!

Conway

Hi,

I have done a search but not found anything.

Has anyone on here removed the front door cards from the MK2 Leon, if so have you got a guide, pics or tips as i am hoping to do this sometime soon.

Cheers for any help

Chris

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I don't think anyone has done a guide yet. I do know however that the window regulators are bolted to the door card which makes it a very hard job!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
It is a difficult job, you need some special tools a multi spline key and something else I believe.

If you are taking the panel to change the speakers you can jsut remove the speaker grill and do it.

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
There is a guide somewhere or at least a link to one, as i used it. But unless you really have to i woundn't. Took mine off to fix the wing mirror that some one knocked off...Hard to get off and a nightmare to get back on. Central locking, window runners and motor are all attached to the card and getting it all to lign up when you put it back on is a pain in the ass.

Jordash

Those guides are excellent. Just in time, as I'm about to put some better speakers in and need to replace the tweeters.

Thanks

Dash

loadswine

loadswine
Don't really need tweeters if you use really good co axials with a half decent crossover .
Disconnect the original tweeters, as they don't offer much to the sound as they are poor and not in the best position.
I changed my speakers to Infinitys and the sound is so much better and the high notes are very crisp and clear.
It will save you a shed load of work as well.

Jordash

Thanks for the advice Loadswine, it is appreciated.

Unfortunately I want a better quality system and you do need Components to do it. It will be part of a fully upgraded sound system.

I did look into putting the Infinity's in, put decided that if I was going to do it, I would make the effort to get the best sound quality I can afford. The Infinity's look a good option for a straight speaker swap, but it still doesn't give the full sound possible for a set of components and a subwoofer, run on an amplified system.

I'm not to fussed about having to work hard, I'm just greatful for those links so at least I shouldn't miss anything!

Dash

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton

They are v. good. I hada look around the site to see if there were any more - I couldn't find any but this is prolly because my Dutch is nearly sa good as my French. Do you have any more links to good tutorials? It may be an idea to start a thread in the FAQs section with links to all these good tutorials... Like those French ones that were posted last week...

Conway

Cheers for your help those guides look very comprehensive, its not going to be the 5min job i thought!

Nice 1 though, weather depending i will give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks again

Chris

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.