Toledo Mod Idea's

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
KEWE,is that an additional colour to the original? looks much richer than any other "gold" ones i have seen.some of it i like alot,rear boot spoiler and R splitter not so.
the leon cupra bumper looks much better left alone. IHMO of course ;)

Last edited:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
KEWE,is that an additional colour to the original? looks much richer than any other "gold" ones i have seen.some of it i like alot,rear boot spoiler and R splitter not so.
the leon cupra bumper looks much better left alone. IHMO of course ;)

Hope not :blink:

The original photo was taken by the previous owner I think using a phone camera. The Modded ones are taken once I had the car with a fairly good camera and after a good wash with meguiars which gives it a nice deep shine. That's the only thing I can think it might be. Agree the boot spoiler is pretty pants but probably better than no spoiler for now. Still like the splitter though. [B)]

nak

May 13, 2006
Neo-design It Up

sickseatback.jpg

sickseatnak.jpg

Copy3ofDSCF0002.jpg

Mine has a Neo-Design kit on it, running it on 20" alloys, tinted windows, still got a few bits to do, was looking at rear window spoiler, but they are really expensive, but you can understand why i want one, just look at Kewe's on his car, looks awesome.
We with the Toledo's, in league of our own, not many around and once modded up, they really stick out, so lets hear it for the Tolly boys and girls :clap:
Oh by the way left you a picture of my Tolly when i first bought it :D

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
There's a few interior mods that I think are worth looking at. Changing gear knob not only looks better but has a much better feel. Cupra R pedals, custom dead pedal plates, stainless sill guards, W8 light. Lifehammer fits nicely in the lid of the armrest too, oh and leather handbrake cover.

Interior4.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

Nak, you haven't got your old V5 alloys knocking around have you? I already had to replace one due to corrosion on the inner rim and I think I have another on the way out and may need to source one.

Last edited:

nak

May 13, 2006
Nak, you haven't got your old V5 alloys knocking around have you? I already had to replace one due to corrosion on the inner rim and I think I have another on the way out and may need to source one.
Sorry GrayT, sold them already, like the mods you've made inside tolly

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
I done quite a few of the same mods that Sam had done and was really happy with mines. Toledo can have a few subtle mods and look very nice indeed.

I miss my Toledo, sort of wish I got another instead of the Ibiza but I like the Ibiza too... two different classes of car IMO!

DSC00100.jpg

:D

Hi Chris can you tell me if you removed this before painting , if so can you tell me how to get it off without breaking it

cheers Kenny

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Hi Chris can you tell me if you removed this before painting , if so can you tell me how to get it off without breaking it

cheers Kenny

Was a doddle mate :)

Open the ashtray and look inside you'll find one philips screw - remove that and lift out the ashtray disconnecting the power and light source.

You'll now see two Torx T20 screws - remove them.

Remove the radio and once removed you'll find another two Torx T20 screws - remove them also.

Working from the bottom, pull the fascia away from the centre console and work the top away also - the bit under the vents can be a little tight but with some paitence it'll pull away no problems.

Hope this helps, Chris.

Cviji

Some nice ideas here, thanks.

Have anyone wired the car for amped front speakers/power cables etc? does the toledo come apart go back together easily enough?

And also is there an easy passage through the firewall for the power cable to the battery?

amccan10

Feb 16, 2007
Wishaw
There's a few interior mods that I think are worth looking at. Changing gear knob not only looks better but has a much better feel. Cupra R pedals, custom dead pedal plates, stainless sill guards, W8 light. Lifehammer fits nicely in the lid of the armrest too, oh and leather handbrake cover.

Interior4.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

Really like those dead pedals. Where'd you get them from & how much???

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
wished i hadnt sold it now :(
got 3k for it and the garage has it up for 5 doh

but cheers for the comments guys

feel your pain mate....really miss the tolly was a cracking car....you have another one but want to progress from the 1.820v and thats all i seem to find here.....a 150diesel would be good but diesel is almost non existent out here.....
i sold mine for 1500GBP gutted...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.