Information needed before purchasing 110, 130 or 150 TDi

fr man

get a leon fr 150 good mpg. nice drive. enjoy mine alittle expensive on the insurance but worth every penny.

The Mann

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Seems the 130/150 started to come in around 2004 from aquick look online? Is this right?
What sort of prices are to be expected? These seem to hold their value well - would that be fair to say?

fr man

yes they do hold there price and cheap on the road tax. take one out for a test drive you will not be disapointed. price depends on mileage

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
Remapped Fr/Cupra Tdi is pretty nippy and slightly better (in my experience) on juice cause you don't have your foot down so often. Mine will stay with a stock (220hp?) Impreza or an R32 up to about 125, then they just clear off whilst you kick smoke out and don't go much faster anytime soon. Weird that I can't stay with my mates' Lotus Esprit. That's 'only' 240hp ish, and I used to murder it in my Audi. When the car does 4-500 miles on a tank as well, it's a nice blend of economy/performance.

Stock the 150 tdi just isn't that quick though. It's a car that *needs* a remap :)

fr man

Remapped Fr/Cupra Tdi is pretty nippy and slightly better (in my experience) on juice cause you don't have your foot down so often. Mine will stay with a stock (220hp?) Impreza or an R32 up to about 125, then they just clear off whilst you kick smoke out and don't go much faster anytime soon. Weird that I can't stay with my mates' Lotus Esprit. That's 'only' 240hp ish, and I used to murder it in my Audi. When the car does 4-500 miles on a tank as well, it's a nice blend of economy/performance.

Stock the 150 tdi just isn't that quick though. It's a car that *needs* a remap :)

depends what people want really does'nt it nice nippy car i think the fr 150 tdi maybe not as fast as the petrol cupra.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Sorry to hijack your thread but...

I recently landed myself a job which requires me to travel 80miles a day...thats 400 per week, which is 1600miles per month. In my LCR assuming i'd get 320 to a tank (£60ish), thats 5 refuels a month costing around £300 a month!

If i could get a pd150 cupra tdi (2 of which are for sale locally) going from what i read above i should get around 450miles to tank (£45ish), thats around 3.5 refuels, costing around £160 per month!

That's a huge saving! Why did i ever sell my pd130 ibiza!

While i'm on this note, the two PD150tdi cupra's for sale are both priced at £9995. one has 71k with aftermarket 18s and the other one has 77k on the clock completely standard.

I've been offered the higher mileage standard one for £600 with p/x with my LCR (2003 49k on the clock). That's without any haggling as well!

What do you guys reckon? I'm rather tempted!

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I think £45 a tank is a bit optimistic - it used to cost me £40 ish to fill the Ibiza - £42-3 if I vented.

I could get 600 miles from a vented tank in the Ibiza - but had to try hard to achieve that sort of figure - worked out around 58-9 mpg.

I used to do 86 miles a day which when included with weekend travel ended up being a tank a week - around £160 a month.

Don't forget to factor servicing into your costs too - at that sort of mileage you'll need to service every 6 months or so.

Personally I'd get a PD130 Ibiza again.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
thanks for the advice leigh15...i'd rather not go back to an ibiza as i love the way the leon feels a whole lot more "together", it just feels more sterdy and less "tin-can-ish"

how much does it cost to fill up a Leon Cupra TDi PD150 then? What size tanks do they have?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
is urs a tdi? If so that would mean that it would cost around £190 for a month...still a big difference from £300 on my LCR.

It will be interesting to see what i can get out of mine this week coming...i start my new job on Monday so next week will prove whether i can afford to keep her or not.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
is urs a tdi? If so that would mean that it would cost around £190 for a month...still a big difference from £300 on my LCR.

It will be interesting to see what i can get out of mine this week coming...i start my new job on Monday so next week will prove whether i can afford to keep her or not.

yes mine is an tdi.... I would say I get about 450 - 500 miles out of a tank... depends on how heavy the right foot is that week

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
ok cheers guys...so if i was to say £55 for 450 miles thats about right? which would work out like i said above, around £200ish per month (when driving 1600miles a month).

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Just one more thing to know before purchasing a diesel the warm up times are LONG!!

if you count at least 5 mins after coolants warm you could be looking at 10 -15+ mins!

I changed jobs 5 month after going Derv still travel 30 miles to work but doesnt warm up till half way!! (second half is motoway)

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
My 110 will warm up after like 5 10 minutes or so, thats straight onto single/dual carriageway at national speed limit though

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.