Session time-out

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
Can someone confirm how long the session time-out is on this forum?
I seem to keep getting logged out after a minute or so of reading around the forum, it's begining to get irritating. I don't remember this happening in the past and was just curious if something has been changed.

cuprablue

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sounds like a cookie issue to me, at a guess. There is no session time-out applied as far as i know.

Try logging out, then clear your browser cache, then login again but click the remember me option it should generate a new cookie.

See how you get on, but its certainly not a built in time-out. The only people that can generally have time-outs applied are moderators and admins, due to the fact that if we leave our computer unattended no-one can login into the Admin Control Panel and cause havoc.

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
Are you sure your clicking the "remember me" tick when you log in?

I'm sure I'm not, but that isn't the issue. I don't on any other forum I use either and as long as I don't actually hit the "log out" option I will remain logged in, for as long as I've ever spent browsing the said forum.

ZBOYD,

I'm assuming a cookie will be written to my pc when I log in. Would this cookie be checked every time I try to post something? Is there some way the cookie might have expired?? Could this be the issue?

It's annoying because I sometimes log in, view a few things and when I go to post a reply I get prompted to log in again before my post is accepted.

cuprablue

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I'm sure I'm not, but that isn't the issue. I don't on any other forum I use either and as long as I don't actually hit the "log out" option I will remain logged in, for as long as I've ever spent browsing the said forum.

I'm sure it is the issue then ;) - Click remember me, it will then leave a cookie on your PC and all will be fine :)

Also check the time/date AND year that your pc is set to. :)

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
The forum has a 1200 second session timeout, deffo an issue with your machine. Try an alternative browser, like firefox etc

Thanks for the info.

Strange thing is, today it seems to have stopped doing it. I was getting logged out for the last month or so and now it's back to normal. Wierd !

curpablue.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
its to do with how often the server refreshes i think

if you dont tick the remember me box, it will log you out, so tick it and it wont :)

some forums dont refresh for 24hours, maybe more (hence why a lot have strangely high member/log on numbers but only a few posts)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.