torque levels whats yours at?

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
Just wondering what the average torque output is, on the 150pd engines after it has been remapped. I know you can have it lowed but what are most of the remapped cars running at?

cheers sav

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
My lowest figure is in my sig, that was at Awesome-gti and the highest figure was about 320lb/ft at Well Lane Turbo Centre in Leeds... Apparently I had 212bhp too there!:lol:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
370 lb/ft for me, but coming in nice and high at about 2800rpm. Means I get a nice thump of power from 2000rpm right through to the redline and torque still holds high.

This is not a normal 150pd engine though.

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
so no clutch slip at all then ?

or do you get a new one every month ?

how does it work on MOT emissions then, looks like it's on fire just before turbo spools up ?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Everyone asks this. No clutch slip as I fitted a clutch a little while ago rated to 560 lb/ft at the wheels. ;) Imported from the USA - probably the strongest clutch you can fit to the 1.9.

MOT - Well, not sure if you've noticed but revving a car up under load uses a lot more fuel than revving it up stood still with the car in neutral. The car does not smoke like that when revving it in neutral, so less fuel - less smoke, and a pass with distinction come MOT time. :) Also, in that video WOT is applied at 1500rpm which is way out my turbo's boost pattern, so this is why it smokes a lot, then you start to hear the turbo whistling loudly, then the smoke clears and you get full boost and power for the rest of the rev range.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Had my Passat PD130 remapped, then had to have the torque pegged back to stop clutch slip.
Took it down to 270lbft which cured the slip good and proper.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members