Fuel Confusion

mikeruss

Cupra R
Dec 30, 2007
Hi All

Got a 55 plate Cupra R and when driving hard I get 28mpg and on a motorway around 33mph.

I see on some other post some people getting as low as 25mpg and I have seen a couple down to 18. Now, am I lucky, or do I drive like a woose? ;)

Adibutti

AdiButti
Apr 3, 2006
Lincolnshire
i do max about 6miles to work and back in the week. so i have seen as little as 16mpg. best i have had is 31mpg. motorway driving. and i was off 70 all the way. not often i see over 30.

btw got a LCR 55plate

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
I travel 25 miles to work on the M25 and it's not uncommon to see over 33mpg when the traffic's doing 60-70mph... a quick trip into town with my foot down will give me less then 20mpg!

All depends on speed and distance at the end of the day - wouldn't say you're getting anything unusual from your description! Mines also on a 55 plate :D

Last edited:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I used to average 28mpg with 32 - 34 on a journey and around 24 when out for a blat.

I should think you could average 40mpg on a journey if you sat with the trucks and <10 if you were on a track day.
All depends on your driving style.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
this might be a good thread to ask what you other LCR drivers get on a motorway runs.

i'm starting a new job on Monday and will have to do 320 miles a week, just to get to work and back...thats 1600miles per month.

assuming i'll get the 320ish miles to a tank of fuel like i usually do (when driving sensibly around town) that's about £300 in fuel just to get to work and back each month!

What sort of mileage do you guys think i should get, driving sensibly, to a whole tank of fuel if driving about 30miles on motorway and 10miles through town 5 days a week?

i'm test driving a 2004 Leon Cupra TDi pd150 with 77k on the clock tomorrow morning, and have been offered the TDI for my 2003 LCR with 49k on clock plus £600...would you guys say this was a good deal? bare in mind the TDI is on the forecourt for £10k and parkers value mine at £8.5k p/x.

jaime

I'm about the same as the others, 28-29ish around town and 33ish on longer trips, have had 36 max! I think it also depends on what fuel you're running it on! I normally run mine on 97-99 Ron but I found that on normal 95 Ron, fuel consumption was crap! I think that I got about 24-26 around town and 30 on motorway journeys and they were on good days!!! I think it's down to the fact that you will probably push it a bit harder to get the performance that you expect from the car when you run it on 95 Ron.....could it just be that it was just me....hmmmmm....anyway, i'll leave it to others to tell you that i'm probably talking out of my rear!!!! Now I expect to be slated!!!!! lol....

dassmith83, 320 miles a week....easy peasy, I did that in two days at my job!! Got to admit, the fuel bills were rather high, was doing about 3-4 tanks per week...i'm sure you can all do the maths!!;) I think I actually spent about £900 in a month on fuel at one stage!! :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
nah i bought mine off a mate in october, and he owned it for a year or so before that.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
well today i did two 45mile runs (to and from work...1st day @ new job!) i managed 34mpg on the way and 36mpg on the way back.

since i filled the tank last night, i've done 90miles, and the car reckons i've got another 380miles left!

that seems rather high, does it not? has anyone with an LCR managed to get around the 470mile to a tank mark?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i seem to average around 25-26 mpg, but was down to 18 mpg last week...:(...anyways i do 12 miles a day, town driving, so im never gonna get great readings......normally works out to be around 150 miles to half a tank..(driving briskly, but not like a loon), but as other LCR owners know- when it gets to half a tank, the fuel plummets RAPIDLY...maybe lucky if i get another 80 miles from half a tank down...:help: