Engine Breather?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
hey all, :)

im after some advice,

on both ibiza's ive had ive had the smell of fumes in the car after slowing down to a stop. where abouts is the engine breather? is it possiable to re-direct it so the fumes go beneath the car and not get sucked in?

cheers :)

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Breather recycles back into the combustion system so you shouldn't need to direct it anywhere. Either you've got a hole in the breather pipe or alternatively have you checked all the fuel lines? I've had a couple of pin ***** holes in mine resulting in symptoms like you describe.

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
Breather recycles back into the combustion system so you shouldn't need to direct it anywhere.

If its got a induction kit on it might not be vented back in and going straight to atmosphere. Worth a check

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
naah mate i havent got an induction kit., i will have a look at those hoses, which ones in particular? any pics? cheers

pooch

Clueless
Jan 12, 2003
West Cuntry
my crankcase breather pipe was totally shot, this caused some fumes into the cabin. i think there are a few threads on here about it.

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
Had something similar on my valver and couldn't work it out for ages until I changed the plugs and discovered the tops were covered in oil because the cam cover gasket was shot!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i found the split hose! well i say split, more like gashed. the crank case breather hose has got a gash in it about 2inches long. no wonder why i can smell fumes and mpg gone down! lol.

ordered a hose today, should be hear tomorrow. £10.83, is it just the two jubilee clips to take it off?

cheers

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
i found the split hose! well i say split, more like gashed. the crank case breather hose has got a gash in it about 2inches long. no wonder why i can smell fumes and mpg gone down! lol.

ordered a hose today, should be hear tomorrow. £10.83, is it just the two jubilee clips to take it off?

cheers

have you got the part number for the pipe? mines going.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
changed the hose today, was easy to do and whilst i had it all apart i cleaned every thing up including the throtle body. What a difference its made to my fuel consumption. It has gone up from average 24mpg to 37mpg :)

here is the hose

Image005.jpg

16vGtiCupra

Sorry for digging this thread out, found it whilst searching and think I need a bit of help.

I've got a 16v ABF, the breather pipe on the the front of the engine is split and needs replacing (this is the same pipe that appears to be in picture on the first post). What is the correct name for this pipe/hose, is this the crankcase breather hose or the oil breather hose, both, or something else etc...

Basically I need to know what it is, where I can buy one, the part number, what ever help you can give.

Cheers

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
right mate, they are £13 from dealers and i will try find you the part number then you wont have to worry about asking. 037 103 231c

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise