no dash lights...Everything else works, turns over- cuts out after 1 sec

Foxy

200bhp **** member no. 1
Oct 25, 2003
Daventry
www.pug306.net
Went to my Leon this morning, got in turned key and nothing.... no lights on dash...Everything else works, car turns over but cuts out after 1 sec as it would if the immob cut in.
Its not the dash as I have a spare and get the same thing on it, the mileage appears and the clock but nothing else.... Someone please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
it must be catching...

same / similar thing happend to me this morning....nothing when turned key, but i have electrics !

The really cold nights sometimes effects the battery, defo worth jump starting, thats what i did, and all works fine... its worth changing battery if over 4/5 yrs old as they get effected more by the cold.

or it could be the starter motor ! could always hit that a few times to see if it releases the inside of it, sometimes the motor get stuck and does not engage

Foxy

200bhp **** member no. 1
Oct 25, 2003
Daventry
www.pug306.net
Checked fuses yes, are there anymore other than the ones in the side of the dash? The battery is fine its the dash that doesnt seem to be functioning which is causing the immob to cut in. But both my dashes dont work? I think the problem lies deeper...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.