Cuprar210,djm:Progress Thread- Update, now with remap.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
The first pics of my LCR from dealers forecourt....bought it for 8250

leonCupraR.jpg

LeonCupraRside.jpg

LeonCupraRRear.jpg

LeonCupraRInterior.jpg

Oh, and heres the car i sold to buy the Leon

Celica.jpg

Anyway have alook and let me know what you think. I'm loving her everyday i get to drive her. Just got to smarten a few bits up and she'll be perfect.

Regards
Deano

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2008
Essex
The celica was ok, it had 190bhp but you had to wind it up to 6000rpm before the sports cams kicked in and you got the power, just got to much like hard work in the end.
And the leon feels so much faster than the Celica, loads of low down power and torque, defo the right decision to change. Gonna give it a couple of months and start thinking about a few mods, i promised my other half i wouldn't but just can't help myself.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
leon looks nice mate. one of my mates used to have a celica like that. he regretted selling it as the car hw no has got has caused him no end of problems!!

Deleted member 13581

Celica looks nice, but i think you will have more fun and enjoy the LCR more.

Looks like youve found a beauty for a good price.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Yeah I like it, i've found a few more things i need to tidy up on the car while i've been cleaning and polishing it. Like the mirror on the drivers side has been clipped and not working as it should, so need to get that fixed sooner or later. But overall Its very tidy and i'm having a blast driving it.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
black LCR's look good, but they're a bugger to keep clean! remap, remap, remap :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Yeah the jacking point cover is on my wish list of replacement parts ( so to speak ), need one of those( off to the stealers next week cause no luck on ebay so far ), a couple of new cupra R badges for the sides( found these on ebay ).
And yes black is a bugger to keep clean, just means i can get out of the Mrs's hair more often to clean the car, haha!! Me, Mysels and my Cupra R on a sunday monday (sunny hopefully )
Remap may be on its way later in the year, money premitting.....not crazy power, maybe 240-250 fingers crossed...

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
My LCR clean for a change!

Took me over 3hrs to do but i think it looks good.
Used Tutle wax wash, Colour Fast T-cut, Autoglymm Ultra Deep Shine, Autoglymm bumper care, Turtle wax tyre gel (as i'm still waiting to buy my meguires stuff)
MyLeon2.jpg

Myleon3.jpg

MyLeon1.jpg

Myleon4.jpg

myleon5.jpg

It rained the next day so was out there like a shot with a microfibre cloth re-doing it. Obsessive i know, but still looking good now

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
bloody ell that looks stunning mate....
looks like its been detailed...wanna get mine detailed very soon....
have your wheels been refurbed?, for some reason they look darker than standard....

lovely car mate...[B)]

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Black is the best car colour when clean but it lasts for about a day. After having 2 previous black cars I don't think i'd have another. Too much hard work to keep clean but looks the dogs when like yours. :lol: Small stone chips and scuffs show up bad as well :(

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Cupra79, my wheels haven't been refurbished. They are just in a really bad state from the previous owner and no matter what i try and can't get them clean and shiney, i have only owned the car about 2months so they are on my long to do list.
I agree, black is the best colour when clean. And since i got it that shiney i have been wiping it down daily with my microfibre to keep it as clean as pos, i'm becoming obsessed.
I have a few scrathes and stop chips on the front wings i need to sort out with some t-cut at the weekend if i get time and then polish her up again.
Now just need to buy some really decent wax and then she'll be looking good for the summer (any recommendations, i will be waxing by hand by the way)

Cheers for the responce

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Cupra79, my wheels haven't been refurbished. They are just in a really bad state from the previous owner and no matter what i try and can't get them clean and shiney, i have only owned the car about 2months so they are on my long to do list.
I agree, black is the best colour when clean. And since i got it that shiney i have been wiping it down daily with my microfibre to keep it as clean as pos, i'm becoming obsessed.
I have a few scrathes and stop chips on the front wings i need to sort out with some t-cut at the weekend if i get time and then polish her up again.
Now just need to buy some really decent wax and then she'll be looking good for the summer (any recommendations, i will be waxing by hand by the way)

Cheers for the responce

My LCR is black as well - definately looks good when polished (which I seem to do whenever the sun comes out!)

I'll probably be looking to get my front bumper resprayed to clean up the marks once and for all, and get all the alloys refurbed too - then it will be just like new... (I've already had the rear bumper resprayed to sort out some paint issues). Why am I so fussy!? Lol.

Regarding the polish - I'd recommend 'Mer' - very good stuff!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members