Leon Cupra K1 Photos

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
A extra body kit is a cheap way of producing a limited edition car, especially if its already avaliable as an option.

If they did performance upgrades that would cost SEAT more for research and development, which is a cost they may never recover if they don't sell the limited edition car is high enough numbers.

With the Astra by the way, yes you can spec up a basic Astra with the VXR parts not sure about the centre exhaust though. The SRi is also avaliable in an XP (Exterior Pack) variant which includes some of the VXR styling.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
seems to have caused quite a storm and difference of opinion . Personally i love it, i think it gives it more of a road prescence than a normal stock cupra, which look like any other Leon to me until i see the rear badge. Everyone has their own opinion which is great. I hope you will still give me flash if you see me on the road.

H8T WP

just had a thought... it will look even crapper with the silly yellow british rear plate lol

H8T WP

found them in hi res if anyones interested...

seat-leon-cupra-k1-2008-7.jpg

seat-leon-cupra-k1-2008-5.jpg

rest here

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/wallpapers/highresolution/seat_leon_cupra_k1/33991

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Thee is still something very odd about the front of the Aero kit. It takes away the whole 'flowing'' design of the car i feel

tdifr

if the aero kit was not tacky enough to begin with.

the back looks wrong very wrong :w4nk:

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
PH got it right, if you squint your eyes, and it's a bit dark then it almost looks like a BTCC race car.

RobDon spot on : hits nail on the head

trying far too hard a case of too much too late, thankfully limited numbers - it's 2nd hand residuals will probably be less than a standard cupra in years time, circa £15k, big hit in first year

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
In the fickle land that we live in you'll find that those already with the Cupra will hate it and most about to order a Cupra will love it!!

I've ordered one today and I love it.

Each to their own and all that; but to have a car that looks aggressive and can perform to match the looks is the complete article regardless of there being lesser models with a similar kit. (not identical)

Roll on June!

G!zmond0

I was very supprised when i saw the K1 for the first time.It was a long time ago,wright when the lcr2 came out.Guess where I saw it - Hungary.A year or so after that i've seen it here :p
I like it a lot.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Saw a K1 in the dealer yesterday Red with white wheels and mirrors. Looked a lot better in the flesh than it does in photos IMO.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Another point.. All the candy white K1s will look original not like lesser models with it being a new colour!

Been trying to source a K1 Number Plate to no avail as the K1 numbers haven't been released yet>

K1 CUP
K1 WOW
K1 HOT
K1 ONE
K1 CAR
K1 LCR

Any of the above would look smart!

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Some guys are inferring you won't be able to tell it's a Cupra - Nonsense.
Leon MAD enthusiasts will, like most who attend here:

Limited Edition centre exhaust, black mirrors, black front grille surround etc. I'll be able to pick a K1 out in the crowd as I'm sure most of you will.

Standard Cupra looks stunning by the way, I'm not dissing the standard one. From the back you have to take a'double take' to check it's either a Cupra or an FR.

The K1 badge and the kit shouts Cupra!

Roll on Summer.

Last edited:

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Its a shame that all the effort that went into the MK2 FR/Cupra exiting styling appears to have been lost in a mish mash of afterthoughts, particularly the back end. Pants

Each to their own I guess, but I think most existing FR/Cupra owners need not fear that their car looks less impressive 'or' dated.

Mike (who likes it o-natural)
57FRTDi, Crono, 18", BT, Armrest, Alu Trim, Cupra08 Grill, Muddies and Mats

Mar 3, 2008
york
the thing with car styling is its not to everyones taste's those that already have a cupra will probably not like the K1. And those that have ordered a K1 think it looks better. but there will always be people who will slag things off one way or the other.

like i said its a taste thing and i like it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.