SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

BigNeil

You need to store the names and numbers manually in the car.

Find yourself a quiet area out of sight of your neighbours as you are going to spend a lot of time talking to your car, can get some strange looks!

Press the voice command button and say 'store name' it then asks you for the name and then for you to repeat the name. It then asks you for the number and repeats it back yo you.

When number complete say 'store name' again and name and number saved.

To dial press voice command button say 'dial name', lady politely asks you for name, speak name and she will repeat your saved name back to you then if it is the right one finally say 'dial' then you are done.

Hope this helps.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
You need to store the names and numbers manually in the car.

Find yourself a quiet area out of sight of your neighbours as you are going to spend a lot of time talking to your car, can get some strange looks!

Press the voice command button and say 'store name' it then asks you for the name and then for you to repeat the name. It then asks you for the number and repeats it back yo you.

When number complete say 'store name' again and name and number saved.

To dial press voice command button say 'dial name', lady politely asks you for name, speak name and she will repeat your saved name back to you then if it is the right one finally say 'dial' then you are done.

Hope this helps.

Nice one. I'll give that a try at my bros house where no one can see me.:redface:

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
If you use multiple phones in the same car, if you have X number saved to the voice dial list and you access it, does it dial it through whatever phone is connected or is it mated to the phone that is present when it's stored?

Rob

aps

It seems to work with whatever phone is currently connected, Rob. You can also get it to "dial" even with no phone connected (although of course it won't actually do anything).

So, Nokia Series 60 phones don't work properly. Thanks, Nokia, that's great. Series 40 phones do work but I don't think I can install TomTom software onto a S40 phone (correct me if I'm wrong).

So can anyone recommend a phone that a) is fully compatible with the Bluetooth system in the Seat, and b) can also run TomTom software or equivalent?

Cheers.

134nk5

Aug 21, 2007
Hi

The Nokia 95 saga continues , Anyone managed to get the phonebook to work yet? Company car up for renewal soon so went out looking for a new mobile at the weekend told the guy at phones 4u about the problem. His suggetion was to just use the voice dialling on the phone itself, he said"hold down the volume key on the stearing wheel and say the name stored on the phones phonebook" , anyone tried this ?

Would be ok if this works , not have to store any names on the cars bluetooth.

Cheers

aps

Bizarrely enough, holding down the volume key on the steering wheel just changes the volume of the stereo...

Think the guy may have been talking bullshit.

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
On the N95, if you hold down the right-hand select button for a second or two it activates the 'Say name now...' voice dialling thing. Not sure how that maps onto the steering wheel controls though. Is there a way to disable the voice dialling of the SEAT_UHV device?

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Not that I know of. But press the button on the N95 and you should be able to use phones voice dialling.

Whats so hard with setting it up on the car?

aps

Not that I know of. But press the button on the N95 and you should be able to use phones voice dialling.
Unfortunately this doesn't work either. I guess the phone is 'expecting' the voice command to come through the car kit. And since the car kit's mic isn't active at that time, it cannot voice dial.

Annoying, but as you say, the car's own voice dial is pretty easy to set up and use. It's just a bug to know that you're only using half of the kit's functionality...

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Ah, yes of course. I agree re wasting half the functionality - which is why I'm going Sony Ericsson next upgrade. You can keep your iPhone...

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
I'll be going back to a Sony Ericsson (from the N95) when my contract is up in May as well. The N95 is a great phone but I'd like to be able to use it properly in the new car.

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Blackberry Pearl 8120

Hi all,

I have upgraded from BB Pearl 8100 to a BB Pearl BB 8120.

Phone seems to work better and it now supports the ACCEPTED, LAST and MISSED CALL menus now!

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
iphone bluetooth works great. Its fast, downloads phonebook and u can even use ipod connector with car stereo to listen to ur songs!

~craig~

Apr 15, 2007
Brighton
I getting a Nokia E51 delivered today, so it will be interesting to see what works and what doesn't!..

My old faithful Samsung E250 worked on everything! I guess that's what they call 'progress' [B)]

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
Hi

The Nokia 95 saga continues , Anyone managed to get the phonebook to work yet? Company car up for renewal soon so went out looking for a new mobile at the weekend told the guy at phones 4u about the problem. His suggetion was to just use the voice dialling on the phone itself, he said"hold down the volume key on the stearing wheel and say the name stored on the phones phonebook" , anyone tried this ?

Would be ok if this works , not have to store any names on the cars bluetooth.

Cheers

You can get phonebook with the N95 and an application called download contacts. I have a small guide at the bottom of the page.

http://www.octavia-vrs.com/technical/bluetooth.html

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.