Difference Between FR and Stylance with Sport Pack ??

Jack Jumpin

Jul 19, 2007
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the exact difference between FR TDI and Stylance TDI with sport pack fitted.

I know the bumpers are different and the FR is 170 hp and the other is 140 hp.

I am looking find out if the brakes are the same size on both that kind of stuff.
And other than different map what is the difference between engines.

Just weighing up my options, before purchasing thanks.

Cheers
JJ

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Assuming the stylance plus sport pack is the same as the old sport, which it is suppose to be then not much. Bumpers, wheels, steering wheel, gear knob, colour of seats and aux in oh and 30 brake. Only the steering wheel, front bumper and power are worth having...

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
As far as I know the FR is pretty much a Cupra without the engine and interior.
Same suspension etc. You can remap the 140's to around 165 I believe but think the turbos may be different hence the 170 can go past 200 if remaped.
Seat website should give good comparison but take them both out and see how they feel. FR should feel stiffer and more responsive I really like the sport pack but wanted the extra grunt and grip of the FR. Hope this helps a little :)

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the exact difference between FR TDI and Stylance TDI with sport pack fitted.

I know the bumpers are different and the FR is 170 hp and the other is 140 hp.

I am looking find out if the brakes are the same size on both that kind of stuff.
And other than different map what is the difference between engines.

Just weighing up my options, before purchasing thanks.

Cheers
JJ

Brakes are quite a bit bigger on the FR

288mm on front on stylance (sport or no sport)
312mm on FR
345mm Cupra

neo265

Oct 25, 2004
As far as I know the FR is pretty much a Cupra without the engine and interior.
Same suspension etc. You can remap the 140's to around 165 I believe but think the turbos may be different hence the 170 can go past 200 if remaped.
Seat website should give good comparison but take them both out and see how they feel. FR should feel stiffer and more responsive I really like the sport pack but wanted the extra grunt and grip of the FR. Hope this helps a little :)

I think the Cupra has a different suspension setup, lower unsprung weight and softer springs than the FR. Lower weight makes up for the soft springs though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.