Chosing between Leon Cupra TDi and Ibiza Cupra Tdi

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Bigger wheels needed though!
Glynn

On the Ibiza or on mine?
If i was to get bigger wheels for mine, i'd then want bigger brakes to fill them more, and at this moment in time i don't have the cash for either, nevermind both :cry:
Besides, i really like the Cupra R "17 wheels and would only change them if i found a very smart wheel that i was 100% sure would suit the car better. At the moment i've not seen any that haven't already been done.

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
True. I was thinking the Cupra would be like the FR+ and hold its value very well, but maybe not :shrug:
Still a nice car though.

The price i got for the Leon is VERY low compared with the prices on Parkers etc and from other dealers, got them to Knock £1500 quid off as its been there for nearly 3 months as its for sale at a mitsubishi 4X4 garage

FR+ and Cupra pretty similarly priced in my experience

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
On the Ibiza or on mine?
If i was to get bigger wheels for mine, i'd then want bigger brakes to fill them more, and at this moment in time i don't have the cash for either, nevermind both :cry:
Besides, i really like the Cupra R "17 wheels and would only change them if i found a very smart wheel that i was 100% sure would suit the car better. At the moment i've not seen any that haven't already been done.

Bigger on the ibiza Davey
Glynn

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
well im going to drive the ibiza in half an hour so I'm sure i'll know which is right for me.

I have a xsara VTS at the min and its about Leon Size, TBH the size doesnt matter, as i coped just as well with my 106 GTI before that.

Almost bought an Astra 1.9 CDTi (150) SRi too, but although on paper its faster than the leon, doesnt feel so.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
well im going to drive the ibiza in half an hour so I'm sure i'll know which is right for me.

I have a xsara VTS at the min and its about Leon Size, TBH the size doesnt matter, as i coped just as well with my 106 GTI before that.

Almost bought an Astra 1.9 CDTi (150) SRi too, but although on paper its faster than the leon, doesnt feel so.
The astra ISN'T faster than the Leon, not even close ;)
I'd have that Ibiza if size isn't an issue to you. I love my Leon, but that Ibiza looks very nice and has the power and weight advantage, so its worth looking at.

big ALI H

Cavey
Jun 27, 2003
Cas-Vegas, West Yorkshire
Visit site
I've had a leon (20VT cupra) & an Ibiza (130 TDI Sport) and have got to say the Leon is much nicer to drive and also has a much nicer interior full stop. The plastics in the Ibiza are really quite poor imo

If it was my choice, i would not even hesitate with the Leon, i do like the Ibiza as well but the my leon was much much nicer than the ibiza. Also bear in mind if the new Ibiza is out towards the end of the year, what will that do to the current shapes prices - the new Leon is already here so the mk1 has already taken its hit

big ALI H

Cavey
Jun 27, 2003
Cas-Vegas, West Yorkshire
Visit site
I must admit, I didn't really notice it!

Must be that there is such a good following for ye olde Mk1 :D

Seriously, I think prices for the Mk1 Leon have held up so well. I was really surprised - thought the bottom would fall out.

I agree mate, any hit they have had has already been and gone and it was so minimal its barely had any effect. I think thats possibly because the Mk2 Leon had such a mixed reaction, if anything, more worse than good and the Mk1 had/has a good following. Whereas the mk4 Ibiza has never been anywhere near as popular and judging by the reaction so far for the Boca-whatever, the new Ibiza will blow the current one away, meaning residuals will almost certainly be hit imho

Leon all the way if it was my money

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
Zenith Grey, exactly the same as my 57 plate Cupra TDI and never seen another the same colour until your photo up in our neck of the woods (Newcastle).

I've had mine mapped to 195bhp/300 lb'ft's (according to mapper) 5k ago with no clutch problems. A little bit of judder from the DMF if your too lazy to change down in to a lower gear and boot it but no clutch slip at all. Averaging 400 miles per tank before light comes on post map, 365 pre map ;)

I also had a demo Leon FR TSI DSG for about 2 weeks and loved it except I thought the brakes were poor. I'm really considering a part ex of the Scooby for a white Leon Cupra TSI but the other half isn't keen on getting rid of it. :help: :)

The Ibiza;

4sbnlw.jpg

Very Nice i think!

G!zmond0

Deffinetly Biza man.It's lighter and that means a lot.On the other hand if you are a family man you know the answer

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well,

The Ibiza had been remapped and was brutally fast. however i chose the Leon as it is simply a nicer car, interior is far superior and i preferred the overall look of the car. i can always get it remapped if i want the performance!

Plus the Ibiza had a turbo gauge which rattled and it did my head in, was putting out over 25 psi on the turbo gauge, is that more than std?

Pick the leon up on tuesday and cant wait!

cheers for advice people!!! sure ive made the right choice.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Either car would have been a good choice, but i'm sure i'm not the only Leon driver who will tell you that you are getting a good car.
Hope its faultless and proves to be reliable for you mate.
Enjoy :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise