ProSport Boost Gauge

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
the daylight picture looks good... is it always that clear?
mines near impossible to read in daytime.

Yes it's very clear even in the sunshine.

I think you may have tapped into the wire that's 3v instead of 12 volts.
I can find out what wire's I have used if that helps.

yer just want to see it in action bud!

Here you go rash it's at night and the camera doesn't really pick up the over boost mode.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yes it's very clear even in the sunshine.

I think you may have tapped into the wire that's 3v instead of 12 volts.
I can find out what wire's I have used if that helps.

Here you go rash it's at night and the camera doesn't really pick up the over boost mode.

no.... mines just awful and needs a shade. deffo in the 12 volt. it looks great at night but bad in daylight... new gauge i think.

yours is an electric gauge as opposed to mechanical? mine has a silicon tube from back of gauge going to pipe off top of dv..

yours is different?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Yes the ProSport use's a "control" type box in the engine bay, that sends a signal to a stepper motor in the gauge.

From the video above looks a lot smoother than mechanical gauge, but maybe not quite as accurate??!

jhono

old boy racer
Jul 15, 2007
ordered one myself,where are you thinking of puttin it rash to make it look oem

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
TBCupraT - Where did you wire your gauge into?

The only live I could finte was on the headlight switch, I put the red and orange together and put them to the large live wire and the black wire to one of the brown wires but I would like it to be able to dim with the rest of the dash lights.

Can you tel me where you wired yours to please.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yes the ProSport use's a "control" type box in the engine bay, that sends a signal to a stepper motor in the gauge.

From the video above looks a lot smoother than mechanical gauge, but maybe not quite as accurate??!

sounds good. good looking gauges tend to be non mech. i guess its boost consistancy as opposed to dead accuracy im after... and the ability to read it!

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
Well my Leon Cupra R (now sold) spiked to 29psi on the pro-sport gauge.

Vagcom states 22psi.
My AWE gauge also measures 22psi.

More to the point when I enquired about a replacement they said we don't give warranty to the UK.

I bought this direct.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
A bit of research on this says its accurate within 3% margin. Tbh unless you spend alot on a gauge i wouldnt say they are acurate as my ICs autogauage read 21 to 22 PSI. And getting different readings to vag-com could point out many things like pipe problems etc

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i doubt its that accurate but as long as it responds consistantly so i can spot boost issues im happy. see how it compares when i fit them.

if problems occur i wonder if they can be modified?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.